PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: verizon

duncanhoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio Typing

Guys - thinking about trading my eris back in for the omnia II or Imagio. Originally i went with Eris over IMagio because my typing speed in store was terrible on the Imagio.

COming from the iphone i was used to onscreen and could type very fast. My speed on Eris is almost at that level but the android/eris is just too buggy (bluetooth is FUBAR, battery life issues, etc.).

I tried the omnia II and could type pretty fast since the samsung keyboard on that machine has large keys. Problem is the Omnia II design is retarded (3.5 mm jack on side? ARE YOU KIDDING? who does that?) and it is pretty darn large.

Then i tried the omnia again but the build in keyboard is tiny and leaves so much dead space. Are there larger versions/customizations that have been done to the imagio to put in a larger keyboard and improve typing speeds?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio Typing

There are a number of keyboard options (with different skins for each as well) such as TouchPal, FingerKeyboard, SPB Keyboard, etc. Search around for them here and on xda-developers.com and you'll see. You can see some in action on youtube as well.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio