PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

TonysBodywork is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
repllog.exe errors preventing full sync

Hey Folks,
I have an issue that I'm thinking will require a hard reset. Please tell me what you think.

PPC: HTC Imagio ROM: 1.08.605.11 Radio: 2.05.75WVL
DESKTOP OS: Win Vista on Dell Studio 540 x64
I'm getting this error on my phone when I try to sync to the desktop that says it cannot sync due to an error with repllog.exe. I have tried just about everything under the Sun that I know, other than a hard reset, as I hate those and all the time required to get the device up to snuff again. I've been doing the PPC's since the palm tops. Not extremely tech savvy, but I get around.
I didn't find any real help from other posts on the site other than where to find the file, and a few light options to try. None of them worked, that I have tried. Soft reset, restarting the desktop, etc... There were some posts that were severely over my head, for which I would need some explanations, but they seemed only theory, not instructions for fixes.

I do have SKTools, but am fairly unfamiliar with it as I've just started using it. I've pulled up the Windows folder in the Move Data tool, but don't know of anything to do to fix the three "repllog" files. There is a .exe a .link and a .manifest. Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this situation? Is there a download site to bring in a fresh copy of the files for replacement?

Many thanks for all the work you all do on an ongoing basis to keep the rest of us (and the technology) moving forward.

TonysBodywork
Old 12-01-2009, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

untitled is becoming a great contributor
Re: repllog.exe errors preventing full sync

My best guess:

Based on a little light Googling, it appears that repllog.exe is the ActiveSync app from your phone's end. If you had a custom rom, I'd say the application might be the problem, but since there is no such custom rom for the Imagio yet, something must be wrong with a registry entry that points to the application.

Don't know what kind of registry edits you've been doing or what kind of .cabs you've installed, but I'd bet that's where the problem lies. You could try uninstalling some of your newer apps to see if that fixes the problem. You could also see if someone can list for you the important registry keys that point to repllog.exe. That'd be above my skill level.

If I were you, I'd just uninstall a couple newer apps, and if that didn't work, go with the hard reset. I don't even use any fancy backup app, I just sync with My Phone and keep all my favorite .cabs handy, and it's pretty easy. Worst-case scenario, 30 minutes of work.

Oh, and some of the info I found came from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-349051.html.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

TonysBodywork is a n00b
Re: repllog.exe errors preventing full sync

Many thanks for your efforts. The issue started after I had installed a freeware version of Asteroids that didn't work. I uninstalled and went through deleting Asteroids folders that didn't delete in the uninstall.

Short of the registry work, which is definitely over my head, I think the realistic thing to do is a hard reset. I'm going to wait another day or so to see if anyone else comes up with a simple fix. If not, then I'll reset.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio