PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Transparent Curtains

Try this cab. Note that your pics are not very high res to begin with. I presume they were a smaller size and scaled up perhaps. So the clarity of them on the wallpapers won't be as good as they could be. Hope this works for ya.
Attached Files
File Type: cab RedBubblesWall.cab (946.4 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Try this cab. Note that your pics are not very high res to begin with. I presume they were a smaller size and scaled up perhaps. So the clarity of them on the wallpapers won't be as good as they could be. Hope this works for ya.
i will give it a try it works maybe i missed a step somewhere but ill give it another shot with a better pic thanks for all your help

Last edited by maxtcee; 12-15-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Since the thread on XDA for HDwalls is so huge, I will ask here, rather than wade through 150 pages of information...

Ran through the directions in this thread, worked like a charm, with a few exceptions...
  • The top taskbar and the bottom softkeybar, neither one are skinned. Additionally, the 2 jpg files, HDWall_softkeybar and HDWall_taskbar files did not get transferred to my phone, should they be? or should they be installed with the cab?
  • The top banner (on the home screen, readers Verizon Wireless and the VZW logo, on the favorites tab, reads "My Favorites", etc. Is there any way of skinning that bar, or making it transparent, or just go away all together?
  • The Weather tab forecast section, in Portrait mode, has what looks like a transparent PNG over half of each day (let me know if you need a screenshot)
  • The Tab slider background is not transparent, though I am sure there is another way of changing that, if someone could point me in the right direction...

Thanks in Advance!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
Since the thread on XDA for HDwalls is so huge, I will ask here, rather than wade through 150 pages of information...

Ran through the directions in this thread, worked like a charm, with a few exceptions...
  • The top taskbar and the bottom softkeybar, neither one are skinned. Additionally, the 2 jpg files, HDWall_softkeybar and HDWall_taskbar files did not get transferred to my phone, should they be? or should they be installed with the cab?
Did you select the WM6.5 Skinning option in HDWall when you configured it before coverting the files and making the cab?

• The top banner (on the home screen, readers Verizon Wireless and the VZW logo, on the favorites tab, reads "My Favorites", etc. Is there any way of skinning that bar, or making it transparent, or just go away all together?

Are you talking about the text/logo or the background of that section? The background can be made transparent with the use of several things mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I used MaxTTM and used the Full Transparency Top Curtain function.

• The Weather tab forecast section, in Portrait mode, has what looks like a transparent PNG over half of each day (let me know if you need a screenshot)

There is a transparent replacement floating around here that you should be able to find with a search for something like 'transparent weather'. It consists of a file or 2 to copy into your Windows folder.

• The Tab slider background is not transparent, though I am sure there is another way of changing that, if someone could point me in the right direction...
Again I used MaxTTM and selected the TF3D 2.1 Full Transparent option for the Bottom Curtain.

Thanks in Advance!
Comments in Red.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hey fwaits i finally got the hang of hdwalls the only thing is in windows start it skins the top and bottom bars but when i add the center pic its way to small any ideas
Old 01-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
hey fwaits i finally got the hang of hdwalls the only thing is in windows start it skins the top and bottom bars but when i add the center pic its way to small any ideas
I never did get the Start Menu page to work correctly. You mean the TouchFlo custom Start Menu right?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:50 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

no the windows start menu
Old 01-14-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Revampd is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Revampd

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
fwaits i tried this method and for some reason cant get it to work i install the cab switch tf3d back on reboot and the backround shows for a second then goes back to default can you tell me what am i doing wrong or maybe you can cab it for me if i post the wallpaer thanks
Has anyone figured out why this is happening. I just installed a wallpaper cab and am having the same results. The screen displays for a half second and then the default wallpaper shows... with only the top and bottom curtains showing the new wallpaper. Very weird.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a feeling that I'm missing something simple. Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 05:22 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
Has anyone figured out why this is happening. I just installed a wallpaper cab and am having the same results. The screen displays for a half second and then the default wallpaper shows... with only the top and bottom curtains showing the new wallpaper. Very weird.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a feeling that I'm missing something simple. Thanks
what you are missing i have highlighted in red.

The fine print:
- Install HDWall on your PC, not on the device
- Install HDWallS on your device, not on the PC
- Select an appropriate name in "Application Title" in the "Create CAB" Window to avoid uninstallation of other cabs with the same name.
- Select "default wallpaper" in TouchFlo 3D
- There is no need to restart the device after CAB installation
- Disable any "background for all tabs" addons
- Disable the default wallpaper for the Home Tab in Manila v2.1 & HTC Sense by removing the data found at HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\HomeBackgroundPath (don't delete the key, just the valuedata)
- If you get the error "-2147024891" when installing a cab with HDWallS, you can install the cab files manually from File Explorer
- Change the start menu background in WM 6.5 from Settings - All Settings - Today
- If your computer screen has a lower resolution than your phone use the "Zoom out" button on the main window
Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Revampd is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Revampd

I deleted the key but that just gives me a white screen in place of the wallpaper. The wallpaper I want is still "behind" the white wallpaper.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio