PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 AM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
More Very Useful Apps for your Imagio

Pretty sick. Speed up your web with this app. Post more apps that you've found if you got em!

Velcon Web Accelerator

http://www.velcom.by/en/services/web_accelerator/

Blacklist those unwanted calls. Block calls and sms.

Steelsoft Blacklist
http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-59854.html

MagicCall

http://www.mobiion.com/magicall.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid, Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

kbnguy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: More Very Useful Apps for your Imagio

+1 for Magicall:
You can schedule, who, time allow calls to come thru (very good especially at bedtime). Very powerful program. I haven't seen anything similar to it on Android nor iPhone (although there is one getting closed but required jailbreak)

Flix:
http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-flix.html
Not as good as flixter on android but it's our own winmo way. Dev from XDA announced new version is coming.

Glympse:
From MarketPlace. Must have...being playing w/ my fellow iphone, droid for a while. work across all platform.

Ndrive and iGO:
I dumped Tomtom for this. Also iGO guide here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88692

Telenav:
Install Sprintnav first (i'm sure you can get it from kitchen), yes it'll will work w/Imagio. Let sprintnav login and create an account for you then you can keep it or uninstall it then install Telenav instead (which is same thing accept color and re-brand)

Flexispy and Mobile-Spy:
I don't use either one but it's creepy to know and avoid.
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_3MxxiPJA

i-nigma:
bar code scanner.

TouchTwit:
Twitter client for winmo
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RrbhOqCLU

Wi-Fi sharing:
Must have for tethering.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnguy View Post
Telenav:
Install Sprintnav first (i'm sure you can get it from kitchen), yes it'll will work w/Imagio. Let sprintnav login and create an account for you then you can keep it or uninstall it then install Telenav instead (which is same thing accept color and re-brand)
I did a search. xda and ppc. Is the cab I'm looking for TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18

And to install Telenav do I just download the trial version and it will work with the Sprint login/account on my imagio?

Looking for some free nav.

Didn't work. The cab I downloaded ran fine but it when I accepted the TS and went log in it said Account not Found. And it installed the telenav branded nav. Please help point me in the right direction ")

Last edited by johnbrain; 12-01-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio & Samsung Omnia II

TecFX is a n00b

@JohnBrain Have you tried Bing. I know a lot of people may not be M$ fans, but that application rocks on my Imagio and will give you navigation.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid, Imagio

kbnguy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
I did a search. xda and ppc. Is the cab I'm looking for TeleNav_Sprint_PPC_5.5.18

And to install Telenav do I just download the trial version and it will work with the Sprint login/account on my imagio?

Looking for some free nav.

Didn't work. The cab I downloaded ran fine but it when I accepted the TS and went log in it said Account not Found. And it installed the telenav branded nav. Please help point me in the right direction ")
You have to install SprintNav first (it's a re-brand of Telenav), let it create an account for you. input first name, last name, email is optional. Your pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number. After installation is completed then you can choose either keep sprintnav (which branded "sprint navigator" and color is yellow) or uninstall then install Telenav (blue color). At this point the account is created, you can go straight to Telenav web site and verify
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecFX View Post
@JohnBrain Have you tried Bing. I know a lot of people may not be M$ fans, but that application rocks on my Imagio and will give you navigation.
I like Bing for certain features. Correct me if I am wrong though - where can you enter just a Street Address? I know if I look up a city of location via GPS, even if I type my home address by strret number and zip it pulls up businesses. Contrast that to Google which allows address entry.

Is Bing "Nav" in the sense we thing of tom tom garmin etc, or is it the over "route map" like google maps.

Neither are bad, but a Nav app would be nice on occasion. I have Amazefreegps. It's just okay.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbnguy View Post
You have to install SprintNav first (it's a re-brand of Telenav), let it create an account for you. input first name, last name, email is optional. Your pin is the last 4 digits of your phone number. After installation is completed then you can choose either keep sprintnav (which branded "sprint navigator" and color is yellow) or uninstall then install Telenav (blue color). At this point the account is created, you can go straight to Telenav web site and verify
And that will work for non-Sprint customers? Also, I just don't which Sprintnav cab to use. There are several on XDA and PPC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio