PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fattiemcdoogles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Overlooked Imagio

Is it me or does it seem like the Imagio came out at the wrong time? When I was thinking about getting this phone it was hard to actually find info and reviews on it because of all the hype the TP2 and HD2 r getting. And now that Im looking for software and ROMs for it it seems hard to find those as well for the same reason. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Old 11-28-2009, 02:51 AM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Overlooked Imagio

While it has been overshadowed by the Droid and Hero, the Imagio is an excellent phone.

We're waiting for a hard spl to unlock our phone. Once this happens, you'll see a lot of upgrades coming. Hang out!
Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sbmhome is a n00b

I feel the same way. I mean, the imagio is the BEST phone I've ever had by far. It has almost EVERYTHING. And does a lot of thing well.

For 1 it puzzles me that Verizon doesn't even have them in the store, or pushing them in advertisements, I can easily see this phone selling a lot.

Also, my brother picked up the droid and I really don't see any compelling reason to switch as the imagio holds its own.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

Part of the problem for the Imagio is that the HD2, though still unavailable in the U.S., appears do most everything the Imagio does except with a bigger screen, faster processor and multitouch technology. It creates a perception that the Imagio is second rate, even though it's not.

Since the HD2 won't be on Verizon, it's immaterial to me. There's no phone on Verizon that I'd rather have, and I'm sticking with them.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

I agree with you, but the fact is that a few of my friends bought droids and after checking out my phone all but one took them back to trade for an Imagio. Personally, I kinda like having the nicest piece of cell hardware on the market and not being part of the masses! It didn't hurt that I got it from VZ free without a contract upgrade due to a broken replacement TP they sent me.

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL
Old 11-28-2009, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalo View Post
I agree with you, but the fact is that a few of my friends bought droids and after checking out my phone all but one took them back to trade for an Imagio. Personally, I kinda like having the nicest piece of cell hardware on the market and not being part of the masses! It didn't hurt that I got it from VZ free without a contract upgrade due to a broken replacement TP they sent me.
That's funny you say that because I had my sister in law on the phone with her boyfriend that is regional rep for verizon asking him why he gave her the chocolate 2 and not the imagio. Motorola and google have invested so much time and money into the droid and when I went in because my girlfriend's droid that I just bought her a couple of weeks ago had microphone issues and sometime you go to plug the headphones in and the music still plays out of the rear speaker, he told me that motorola and google are working on serious over the air updates to fix their "baby" as he put it. They won't have to do anything but sit back and get the update, another "did it really happen?" deal like the camera fix. The droid is quick and good at what it does, however, when you start installing apps you have to really be careful because one wrong app you might find yourself hard reseting. I love my imagio and since the two disabling cabs I have really not had any issues. Can't wait for that unlocker.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

fattiemcdoogles is a n00b

Thats what I thought. Because its the more powerful device its getting all the attention.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:22 AM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Marketing. It seems that HTC really hasn't marketed this phone well. A lot of people feel like WM is a dying form and will be replaced with droid OS. For me WM needs to make more strides in development or will be left in the dust by these other OS's. It's vaguely reminiscent of Palm OS and maybe even BB. This is the first time in years I've heard bad reviews of Palm and Blackberry devices. I personally didn't care for the Tour, had mixed emotions about the Storm, and was baffled at the awe of people over the Palm Pre.

I don't know if anyone remembers the HTC HD? It was an awesome looking GSM model that I coveted to come over to cdma but was overshadowed by the touch pro. I'd love to have the HD 2 come over to cdma, but the market doesn't seem to sway this way. Everyone is ogling over Android OS. Give big credit to Motorola and Google for pushing the Droid OS so well.

Unless HTC pushes the Imagio and like devices, I wouldn't be suprised if WM continuously gets pushed into the corner.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio