PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lag is making me crazy!!

I've had the Imagio now since it came out. Overall I really like the phone. The size, Worldphone, the "look" etc. all work well for me. But, the problem is that the lag that builds up on this phone is driving me nuts. Nuts, the point that I am actively considering moving on to something else. The problem with that is that its likely to be there with any WinMo phone that's out right now.

I know about apps to get rid of/close stuff that isn't needed. I have the htcaddits app that works well. But if I'm having to constantly run that app it costs me just as much time as waiting for something to run. It might sound, and be, trivial to most here, but its not to me.

I've thought to going to see the Moto Droid but I cannot do without being able to sync my phone with my calendar, contacts etc. with my work machine. I don't think any droid is capable of doing that right now. I don't know what VZW might have in the works to be available shortly that may be running WinMo but with a snapdragon or other faster processor.

I don't expect anyone to have any resolution to fixing this on the Imagio because I don't think there is one. I guess I'm just blowing off steam because this is making me crazy. MS needs to have this resolved in WM 7 but I don't think I can wait that long. This is just flat out frustrating!

R
Old 11-27-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio/htc incredible
Carrier: verizon

jacko1 is just getting started
Re: Lag is making me crazy!!

i feel your pain man but the droid has its own issues they have tons of bugs from what i hear if you remove touchflo and use windows default
its alot faster i run around 48% using it all day.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You know, I just might try that. I like touchflo but if that is a major cause of the lag I will try living without it. I'll shut it down now and see how it runs in that mode for the next couple of days. Thanks for the suggestion.

R
Old 11-27-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio/htc incredible
Carrier: verizon

jacko1 is just getting started

always hit the thanks button
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sbmhome is a n00b

I also bought the imagio on day 1. My phone became progressively more laggy as time went on. It was really annoying as my phone started to take about 4-5 minutes just to start up!

Here is what I did to fix it.

1. Use My Phone to backup all your contacts. This makes it a snap to re-populate your contact list.

2. HARD RESET my phone to remove all the crap that is making it laggy.

3. Install all core type of CAB's directly into the phone storage. One example is Compact Framework 3.5. If you install it to your micro SD card, an app that uses its API is considerably slower.

4. Install all other apps 1 by 1 and test to see if it gets laggy after each one is installed. If so, then you found the issue.

5. Once all apps are installed, cross your fingers and wait a few days (or weeks) to see if it is getting laggy again. So far, I haven't gotten any lag.

I've spent HOURS trying to figure out issues for my phone being laggy. Trust me, a hard reset and re-installing apps is less frustrating. It took me about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to re-install and reconfigure everything and now my phone runs SPEEDY .
Old 11-28-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Can you post a list of apps that you have running on your Imagio and where you installed them? That would give a starting place with any apps that we have in common. It would also let me know which ones I can put back on without fear of slowing this thing down again. After that I can post which ones I'm adding as I do it one by one and how the phone is acting after installation.

R
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fattiemcdoogles is a n00b

Mine freezes EVERYTIME I send a text. When I exit out of the message thread back into the main message list it freezes and I cant do anything for about 30 secs.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 AM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Freezing usually needs a master reset. I suggest this anytime you get a buggy phone. Mine hasnt' lagged a bit and I've modded the hell out of it.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sbmhome is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
Can you post a list of apps that you have running on your Imagio and where you installed them? That would give a starting place with any apps that we have in common. It would also let me know which ones I can put back on without fear of slowing this thing down again. After that I can post which ones I'm adding as I do it one by one and how the phone is acting after installation.

R
SD Card
Slingbox Player
SkyFire
GoogleMaps
Netflix Mobile
Shazam
WMWifiRouter
BookSync

Main Memory
Compact Framework 3.5

Last edited by sbmhome; 11-28-2009 at 06:15 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio