PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC

jskoland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Someone with more knowledge please explain

I need someone with more knowledge to please explain this to me. I live in Northwest Iowa and Verizon recently purchased Alltel in my area. So my question is this... If Alltel was currently EvDO and both Verizon and Alltel are CDMA why do I not get 3G on my phone. I know there have been several posts about stuck in 1x Land but I don't know if that is my issue. If I drive 8 miles to the east of where I live I get 3G on my phone and it works great. As soon as I get home I can watch it switch to 1x and there I stay.

So I thought that my PRL was the issue and I tried switching it to a Verizon PRL but it constantly switches back to a Hybrid PRL. I am assuming I am connecting to an Alltel tower or a US Cellular tower but both of them are EvDO, I would think I should be able to get 3G. Am I looking at this all wrong? Is there a more complicated answer to this? I just don't get it.

Thanks for your time.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Survivalism is keeping up the good workSurvivalism is keeping up the good work
Re: Someone with more knowledge please explain

Try going into settings, all settings, personal, phone then go to the network tab and enable CDMA only.

Also make sure that your data connection is turned on in your comm manager.

I have also noticed that my phone does not connect to data while connected to the computer.. im not sure why it does that but i think i enabled it to use the computers connection somehow lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

jskoland is just getting started

thanks for the reply. Yes CDMA only is what I have selected as well as data connections are on.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You're not in a 3g coverage area.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:32 PM
meanngreen

Looks like you're not in a 3G coverage area. I'd call tech support.

Look here also, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95795
Old 11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskoland View Post
I need someone with more knowledge to please explain this to me. I live in Northwest Iowa and Verizon recently purchased Alltel in my area. So my question is this... If Alltel was currently EvDO and both Verizon and Alltel are CDMA why do I not get 3G on my phone. I know there have been several posts about stuck in 1x Land but I don't know if that is my issue. If I drive 8 miles to the east of where I live I get 3G on my phone and it works great. As soon as I get home I can watch it switch to 1x and there I stay.

So I thought that my PRL was the issue and I tried switching it to a Verizon PRL but it constantly switches back to a Hybrid PRL. I am assuming I am connecting to an Alltel tower or a US Cellular tower but both of them are EvDO, I would think I should be able to get 3G. Am I looking at this all wrong? Is there a more complicated answer to this? I just don't get it.

Thanks for your time.
Honestly not sure if this will do you much good but some reviews say it works and some youtube videos also show it works... check this out. you can stick it inside your phone under the battery, etc.. and for only $2 it might be worth it..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...6C9WPPSZ7JK6RT

Old 11-25-2009, 03:48 PM
meanngreen

Those antenna strips really aren't much help. I tried it on my Diamond last year and didn't notice any difference. I'm sure that it depends on the individual and where it's at. Just my 1 1/2 cent on that.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gt3dan is a n00b

you can go to any corporate verizon store and have them put in a "hybrid PRL" this will allow your phone to use the alltel towers until the equipment conversion is completely finished. however you will not be able to do the *228 option anymore because OTA programming wipes out the manual programming. this has really helped people in areas where alltel primarily had better service than verizon.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Lurker

countalmaviva is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

You might try mobilespeedtest.com from your Imagio just to confirm what's going on. I'm in NY, and my bandwidth varies from 215kbps to 1000kbps even though my status bar displays the 3G icon.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

Viventis is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt3dan View Post
you can go to any corporate verizon store and have them put in a "hybrid PRL" this will allow your phone to use the alltel towers until the equipment conversion is completely finished. however you will not be able to do the *228 option anymore because OTA programming wipes out the manual programming. this has really helped people in areas where alltel primarily had better service than verizon.
What is the "hybrid PRL" to which you refer? Does it work with all Verizon phones? My daughters have an Envy Touch and a Samsung Rogue. Their mom lives very close to an Alltel tower. The nearest Verizon tower gives them pretty dodgy reception.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio