PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio users AGES (Take Note)

My age is 51 yrs old.
I have been using the PDA device for many years, way before there were PDA phones. By the ignorance of some of these post in this forum, I have probably been using them longer than some of you are old. Age really don't matter, but sense does. The PDA/ Smartphone is fantastic tool, way more than just to talk or text. You can even convert the Windows device to run Palm programs, ON THE SAME PHONE. Of all the PDA/Phone forums I've been on this has got to be one of the most unproductive forums (Imagio) which i have, I've been on, with the exceptions of the Staff and a few that actually try to help there fellow users, and you know who they are by there #POSTS & REPUTATIONS. You don't see them bashing, jerking fellow users off as some of you do. Until the unlocker comes out and it will, there's not a lot to do with the Imagio, tweak it here and there, and that's great, but all will be redone with the unlocker and new roms. Back in the day Mods would have closed this Imagio site down. Have fun with it, there are many programs, tweaks that can be added to the Imagio they don't have to be designed just for the Imagio. Just look for Windows Mobile Apps/programs give them a try most are free. When the unlocker and new Roms come out its a whole new game. This was not intended to bash, hurt anyone's feelings, JUST STRAIGHT UP.

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Last edited by TonyK; 01-24-2010 at 02:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work
Re: Ages of Imagio users

Damn I wish my parents would be into technology as much as you, but they are quite a few Years older than you. I agree completely with your post. I am just over half your age.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DROID RAZR

CPUwalkin is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I'm 55. I still carry and use my Palm Tungsten. I keep and use tools that work, that stand the test of time. The decision to upgrade to this after a brief foray with the Palm Treo 755 (good enough PDA, but here in the mountains call quality was unsatisfactory) after K watched her RAZR v3m getrun over by an ambulance (mine went through the wash2 weeks later ) was the product of dozens of hours of pretty intensive research, and the sole issue is with Microsoft stack compatibility with Bluetooth - and I'm working on it...

WM 6.5? Solid and completely functional.

I look forward to using this confidently for years to come. It is no toy.

I outgrow toys when Nixon was elected.

Last edited by CPUwalkin; 01-24-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

wanablikhm is just getting started
Smile Re: Imagio users AGES (Take Note)

Hey I am right there with you. My 1st pda was the Jornada in 2002, and I couldn't wait to have the phone and pda in one device. I still run a couple of the old programs, Kid color, tuti fruti, and a couple more. I have been tweaking desktop dos computers windows mobile for years. I didn't see the bashing but I do think it would be inappropriate. These forums are people sharing trial and error and fixes...etc... I say a hearty "THANKS" to all of you, and keep up the good work. Oh, and I have the Imagio.

Last edited by wanablikhm; 01-24-2010 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Add something
Old 01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdarling is just getting started
Re: Imagio users AGES (Take Note)

My Jornada 720 is still sitting in its charger on top of a bookcase! It has an old CDPD aircard, too.

People talk about "the real internet" now, well that sucker had IE 4.0 back when most websites were written for it. And a widescreen 640 screen so you could actually use it.

I'm 56, and lucky enough to have worked with handhelds for a living for the past decade or so. I've got prototypes from Symbol and other companies.

I'm very impressed with the Imagio and 6.5. It's stable and fun. I just bought CoPilot Live on sale at Christmas for $20 and am even more impressed with the GPS. Can't wait to see what WM7 brings.

As for forums, there's a lot of rude and uneducated kids online these days. I almost miss the internet back when you had to be in college or government work just to have access. At least we had intelligent flamefests back then.

Last edited by kdarling; 01-24-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm 58 and it's nice to know it's not all kids here, although I gotta say, the younger crowd has helped make my wm experience alot smoother and I'm grateful for that.(push'n that thanks alot)
I used to be a huge nokia fan but found their devices over the years seemed to be moving forward at a snails pace. Tried an eyephone twice and hated the over all experience, plus it seemed they were so common place.
I've been using wm products steadily for only the past few years. I find they not only have everything I need to make my life easier, but they can be modified so easily. Android is way to new and untill it can sync with my wm pc better I'll be sticking with what works. Bottom line is wm does what I need it to do
Old 01-24-2010, 11:51 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

<mucho thanks> nice to see some thankfull and encouraging folks on this boards no matter what age im 39 and just got into windows mobile about a yr ago never had a pda and have learned so much from this forums by just reading and would try anything just to make my phone work, look and feel better and then sharing it with ppl on these boards

as far as for the bashers slash rude (think the world owes them something) ppl here i just ignore them and have no remarks for them

Last edited by maxtcee; 01-24-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

43 here, using computers since 100 baud. I used the Apple Newton. I think I might still have it in the attic along with a Commodore 64 and other relics. I think the Imagio was passed over due to the release of the Google Phones around the same time. This Imagio, even though the have been no ROMs released, is an incredible device and I absolutely love it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

29 here, but have been around the mobile device world since I used to sell the original Palm Pilot. I remember how the mobile device world was revolutionized by the Palm Pilot VII, as it had Wireless Internet (OMG!!!!)

I feel like an old guy around here at times, compared to alot of these kids that have all the time in the world to sit here and play with their phones. I feel lucky when I can browse XDA or PPCG once or twice a week for a few minutes.

The people here are great, the knowledge here is immense, and I love seeing how people can dig into these customizations and put out updates for the general public. The Imagio is a great phone, but looking forward to the HD2 should it ever make its way to Big Red.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

blue_94_trooper is just getting started

46 - The Imagio is my 4th WinMo phone (Audiovox SMT5600 - Cingular 3125 (HTC StarTrk) - AT&T Tilt (HTC TyTN 2)). Years ago I carried a Palm but was really only using it for calendar and address book so once I figured out how to synch Outlook with the Sony-Ericsson phone that I had before the Audiovox, I went for device consolidation and never looked back.

I flashed a bunch of different ROM's on my Tilt but was usually just looking for stability and speed. Similarly for the Imagio I'd really just like a leaner ROM, free of the Verizon bloatware and would also like TF3D 2.5 for the improved calendar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio