PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Did your screen stop locking itself?

well, I still have fingerkeyboard installed, but my lock just started working again for no known reason. I still liked it better when it didn't work though.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

my autolock stopped when I installed Sbp mobile shell trial. Once uninstalled it never came back on. Hard reset fixed the problem.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

You just reminded me of something. In the previous page I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
Mine started this just yesterday and I have changed nothing for a couple of weeks now.
You reminded me that I had actually just uninstalled the trial of G-alarm. Maybe this messes with the auto lock when uninstalling? Just a thought.

Yeah, a hard reset took care of it for me too

Last edited by obxKevin; 12-02-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Dealing with the same situation: all of a sudden my phone auto lock just stopped working. Similar to obxKevin above, my autolock seemed to disappear right around the same time I experimented with G-alarm.

I've looked over the G-alarm cab setup file and it doesn't seem to change any registry entries that could affect the autolock. That coupled with me adjusting G-Alarm's settings (there's one to 'unlock the device') and ultimately un-installing the app has me thinking it's a coincidence.

Also, the regedit that the initial poster points to seems to be the windows autolock enabler. I thought the TF3D autolock we see was driven from somewhere inside manila. Could there be another registry key for the TF3D autolock we should be looking for????
Old 12-04-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Just FYI: I was able to restore my screen lock by installing the AutoLock Screen v. 1.7E cab. Think I picked it up from the XDA Forums but I've included it here for convenience. This cab seems to provide a little more control over the reg settings associated with the screen lock function.

Aftern install, you'll have a "Smart Lock" icon in Settings -> All Settings -> System. From there, you can select under what conditions you want the screen to lock. I only have "WM6.5 new lock" and "suspend lock" selected. Unchecking the "WM6.5 new lock" option gives you the old WM lock interface.
Attached Files
File Type: cab AutoLock Screen v 1.7E.cab (59.6 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Add me to the list. Auto-Lock no longer works. Haven't done anything to the phone in several days. One thing of note is that I was on the phone last night, when I hung up, the phone was stuck in the Screen Alignment program. I had to soft reset. When I woke this morning, the phone notified me that there was an update to Microsoft My Phone. I let that install and reboot and now I notice i don't have Auto-lock anymore.
Strange
Old 01-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

You will need to reverse the registry changes that the any of those cabs made, then your lock will work again, make the following changes in your registry:

HKCU - ControlPanel - Keybd - DeviceLockWhenSuspend - change value to "1" from "0" (no quotes)

HKCU - ControlPanel - Backlight - AutoDeviceLockEnable - change value to "1" from "0" (no quotes)

Now if they are both set to "0" set them both to "1" and reset.....

Last edited by Reef48; 01-25-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
jlg
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jlg is a n00b

I had a similar problem. I tried resetting the stylus, since it unlocks the phone when removed, and found that it solved the problem with no registry edits.
Seems that my stylus didn't seat properly after using it to open the case and do a soft reset.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Handspring Visor, Ipaq, Treo 700WX, Imagio, Incred
Carrier: verizon

jonnyb120 is a n00b

I just uninstalled S2U2 this week (power hog) and now have lost the auto lock too. What have people's success been with the cab vs reg edits?
Old 02-04-2010, 10:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_roey View Post
Just FYI: I was able to restore my screen lock by installing the AutoLock Screen v. 1.7E cab. Think I picked it up from the XDA Forums but I've included it here for convenience. This cab seems to provide a little more control over the reg settings associated with the screen lock function.

Aftern install, you'll have a "Smart Lock" icon in Settings -> All Settings -> System. From there, you can select under what conditions you want the screen to lock. I only have "WM6.5 new lock" and "suspend lock" selected. Unchecking the "WM6.5 new lock" option gives you the old WM lock interface.
I used this with the screen dim option checked. It works fantastic. Thank you very much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
autolock, backlight, screen lock