PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

t2fuller is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The official, "I wanna kill my Imagio" thread

I've had mine since the day it launched, and only recently has it gone wonky on me. Suddenly the GPS stopped working in Google maps (and in VZ Nav, as I verified at the VZW store). I get a Microsoft error any time the GPS is accessed, which has not been remedied by a hard reset. I also have not been able to connect to a WiFi network using WPA-PSK encryption, when it worked fine before (though this could be my crappy work network's fault).

Hardware-wise, I have also noticed a crack that formed in the bezel along the top of the screen, which runs through those little holes around the faceplate. It's only a hairline crack, but still annoying for a new device.

So that's my rant (feels good to vent, doesn't it? ). VZW couldn't fix the GPS issue for me, so they are sending me a replacement Imagio. Hopefully the new one will like me better.

Anyone else have problems with cracking of the face plate? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Phil Canyon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2fuller View Post
I've had mine since the day it launched, and only recently has it gone wonky on me. Suddenly the GPS stopped working in Google maps (and in VZ Nav, as I verified at the VZW store). I get a Microsoft error any time the GPS is accessed, which has not been remedied by a hard reset. I also have not been able to connect to a WiFi network using WPA-PSK encryption, when it worked fine before (though this could be my crappy work network's fault).

Hardware-wise, I have also noticed a crack that formed in the bezel along the top of the screen, which runs through those little holes around the faceplate. It's only a hairline crack, but still annoying for a new device.

So that's my rant (feels good to vent, doesn't it? ). VZW couldn't fix the GPS issue for me, so they are sending me a replacement Imagio. Hopefully the new one will like me better.

Anyone else have problems with cracking of the face plate? Thanks!
No faceplate problems which is weird because I have thrown the phone across the room about five different times when it won't answer a call or just lags up, won't allow me to call or finally the worst yet......some dumb ass keeps calling me and won't believe the number has changed for her friend and to make matters even worse the stupid F'n phone randomly calls that mf'n person back further confusing the issue.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

My Imagio is better than it ever has been as far as bluetooth stereo quality, performance, calling and answering calls, battery life, internet browsing speed, movie loading time. But, and you might think I'm Joking when I say this, but I am serious. Everytime I want to show somebody something it freezes. I can sit here now and go over and over the same things and it does it instantly. I think its official, the imagio has stage fright. Dont get me wrong I need my imagio, but since we're venting.....this irritates me much and blows nuts.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

"Hardware-wise, I have also noticed a crack that formed in the bezel along the top of the screen, which runs through those little holes around the faceplate. It's only a hairline crack, but still annoying for a new device."

Dude, I have that same exact crack. I thought it was something I did. It drives me absolutly crazy. Almost to the point of buying a new one at full retail. I love this phone and won't make fun of it (best I have ever owned). And if I buy a new one it will still be the Imagio. Did they say anything about the crack? or do they think you did it?
Can we get new ones because of it? or no way!!!!

I can't beleive I though i did it
Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow, I've heard several people complain about getting that crack issue, so far so good here. Not sure , but maybe carrying in tight pants with lots of sitting/up/down movements might be a cause.
I was frustrated as the op at first, and coming from a TP2 I wasn't prepared for all the tweaks neccessary to get this up and going where I wanted it to be. Tweaking is something I consider kind of fun and interesting tho(fortunatly). I don't remember a wm device that didn't need to be tweaked. It's fun that way. Anyway, after numerous tweaks this thing really rocks. I do like it as well as I ever liked my tp2 and maybe more.
Side note: Anyone who isn't comfortable learning how to tweak and take the extra time involved in doing it, probably will have a bad wm experience and end up going with something else.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

No "tight pants" here. I can't stand that!! I wear everything 3 sizes too big and baggy. I did drop it once and thought that was the cause. But now i know it wasn't. I have to spend $500 for something that wasn't my cause??

this is the first I heard of this crack. You say you've seen alot of complaints????
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
N00b

skitty4gzus is a n00b

I, also, would like to kill my imagio at times. It generally across the board freezes up on me when i need it the most. Checking new texts coming, freezes. Trying to wake the phone from being locked, it likes to not turn the screen back on. I could go on, but now I just scratch my head why they made the back cover so hard to take off when they knew we'd be soft resetting this phone once a day.......
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
this is the first I heard of this crack. You say you've seen alot of complaints????
Probably half a doz or so complaints of the crack issue. Someone even posted a pic on this forum someplace. The crack was just about dead center along the top grill work.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitty4gzus View Post
I, also, would like to kill my imagio at times. It generally across the board freezes up on me when i need it the most. Checking new texts coming, freezes. Trying to wake the phone from being locked, it likes to not turn the screen back on. I could go on, but now I just scratch my head why they made the back cover so hard to take off when they knew we'd be soft resetting this phone once a day.......
The imagio has the worst back cover of any device I've ever had. Always afraid of breaking it. I totally DO NOT understand the logic of not having an accessible reset button for a quick stylus press.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Use xdaShutDown. Much easier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio