PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

SeanGonzo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Button Jammed/Broken

Hey guys,

I've had my phone for 5 weeks now so I am 7 days past my 30 day return and my windows button seems to be jammed/broken. I just took it out of my pocket and it won't depress. If I push it really hard it makes a connection but this is just unacceptable.

Anyone else have a similar problem, fix or solution to replace my phone? I doubt Verizon is willing to bend their 30day rules at all for me.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 11-21-2009, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work
Re: Windows Button Jammed/Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGonzo View Post
Hey guys,

I've had my phone for 5 weeks now so I am 7 days past my 30 day return and my windows button seems to be jammed/broken. I just took it out of my pocket and it won't depress. If I push it really hard it makes a connection but this is just unacceptable.

Anyone else have a similar problem, fix or solution to replace my phone? I doubt Verizon is willing to bend their 30day rules at all for me. The 30 days is for if you dont like the phone and want to replace it with another

Thanks,
Sean
Should'nt matter about your 30 day, if the buttons jammed and broke they should have to replace the phone.
The 30 days is for if you dont like the phone and want to replace it with another

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Last edited by TonyK; 11-21-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SeanGonzo is a n00b

even if I dont pay for the replacment plan
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGonzo View Post
even if I dont pay for the replacment plan
You still have a warranty, as it pertains to the phone working. Now if the moisture tab is discolored you will be screwed without insurance.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

you have one yr warranty if they give you any lip just get transfered to cancelation dept they always do the right thing
Old 11-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4 Unlocked
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

x Jay x is a n00b

Hey SeanGonzo, I have the same issue. My END button wont depress and this also happened after I took it out of my pocket. I went to verizon and they are replacing mine and it shouldnt matter if you passed your 30days since each phone comes with a yr manufactures warranty.

-Jay
Old 11-21-2009, 06:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid, HTC Imagio

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started

My girlfriend has the phone. Same problems with both her menu button and call end button. I've been trying to get her to go replace the phone, but she hasn't done it yet.

she also has a lot of light leaking around the screen. The display seems like it was cut a little to small for the phone. Can anyone comment on the quality of theirs? Anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

If you search here on the forums there are posts about the gap you are speaking of. I am glad to say mine works fine and doesn't have these issues, but a lot of folks are seeing them.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had the same problem with my End/Power button. I was at my 25th or so day so I got mine replaced for free. I just will take it easy on my buttons from now on.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SeanGonzo is a n00b

So I just got my replacement and they sent me a "Like New" replacment phone through the suport team because my local Verizon store said they did not offer support in store. I took off the wrapper and did a little investigation and saw multiple scratches all over the screen and buttons. Obviously I dont want to keep this replacement but it that always the case for replacement phones that you get a refurbished device?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio