PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

untitled is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Button Jammed/Broken

My girlfriend has received a number of replacement phones over the years and never have they had these kinds of scratches.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

SeanGonzo is a n00b

I'll have to give Verizon a call.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

gt668 is a n00b

just got my replacement yesterday and it had small scratches on the buttons, my original had none. I went from Fed Ex to nearest Verizon store and showed the manager and he said it is supposed to be new and to ignore the "like new" sticker. I showed him my old phone that I kept the buttons perfect on and he said no problem we'll send you a new one. Now it's been a few days to get this one and a couple more to get another. The biggest pain in the ass is the setup on these things. I'm doing minimal changes on this since it's temporary.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

SeanGonzo is a n00b

Ok thanks for that info. I was really surpised. I've had a screen protector on since day one so it would suck to have to replace a it with a scratched screen.

Anyone actually know why these buttons are breaking?
Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Lurker

Verdigo is a n00b

They get stuck because the plastic button is sitting on top of a sticky foam pad. Under that foam pad is a tiny pressure contact. sitting on top of that pressure contact is a small circular piece of plastic thats no bigger in diameter than the printed O on your O key. The button gets "Stuck" when the lil piece of plastic slides off the top of the contact. The only thing to push down the pressure contact is the backside of the sticky foam. Only way to fix this is to take the entire phone apart and reseat the plastic but that voids your warrenty.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

I feel like this is a common issue. It may not be the same timing for everyone, but it seems to be pervasive. What are we going to do when our warranties are up? This issue should probably be brought to the attention of HTC. We need a product recall, methinks. I am going to set up a poll in another thread to see if others are having this issue- please vote!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanGonzo View Post
So I just got my replacement and they sent me a "Like New" replacment phone through the suport team because my local Verizon store said they did not offer support in store. I took off the wrapper and did a little investigation and saw multiple scratches all over the screen and buttons. Obviously I dont want to keep this replacement but it that always the case for replacement phones that you get a refurbished device?
I am now on my third one, I completely refused the first one they sent it was scratched then buffed out so intestead of a scratch you get the fish eye deal - distortion. no longer than the phone has been out I can't believe the replacements look as bad as they do.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Lurker

e-man is a n00b

I'm now on my 4th Imagio after 8 months. My end call key keeps getting stuck. I'm told Verizon no longer honors the policy of getting a different model phone after your 3rd warranty issue. Is this true?

Anyone suggest a class action lawsuit against VZ or HTC? This issue is really starting to aggravate me.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

bleubrd is a n00b

Yeah I went through 5 Diamonds and because they are out of stock, I am now getting the Imagio tomorrow... I have been reading all of the threads trying to get on track for what I want to do. I'm excited to put MyCleanImagio on it but scared about the button issues...
Old 05-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Verizon always honors the 3 replacements inside of 90 days qualifies you for a new phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio