PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

DrRoger is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Considering Imagio...again

Hi all,
I had an Imagio briefly but returned it because its browser was slow and froze up on me twice. But I loved that it is a Global phone, nicely built. Battery lasted a day-day and half. A store model's browser seemed a bit faster than the one I had, so it might have been a sample defect. The Omnia 2 is supposed to be released Dec 2nd as per Engadget, so I'll have a tough decision, Omnia2 vs. Imagio. One thing great about Imagio is that the FM radio has stereo-mono toggle which apparently the Omn2 does not.

My question is: Does Opera 9.7 install make it the default browser or do you have to go into the programs and run it, and also, is Opera Mini as fast as people say it is? I've been playing with Skyfire and find it just great.

Also: having bought an Imagio, are you pretty pleased or do you wish you had an overall faster functioning phone? Thx
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: verizon

gman3041 is a n00b
Re: Considering Imagio...again

well, I myself have had difficulty deciding which phone to use. I first bought the htc touch pro, then the touch pro 2 and then the imagio. I liked the imagio camera but yes, it seemed a bit slow and I had trouble using the screen to type. so I went back to the touch pro 2 but I wanted the winmo 6.5 like the imagio. well, there are great roms here and you can flash the tp2 to anything you want, lots of options. I have now wished I would have waited and got the droid. it seems to be the best phone yet, i won't know for sure because I will have to wait two years to upgrade. I guess you have to decide which options you want. tp2 and imagio are global, droid isn't. droid is real fast but you cant run windows programs. always options...
for now, I am very happy with my tp2 and bike rom, it is fast and so far I havent found any bugs. wished it had the 5mp camera but so what. maybe next year
Old 11-20-2009, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

cdodge is a n00b

I love my imagio but some things can seem slow compared to the droid.

I think some of the slowness will get fixed with a firmware update or possibly a custom rom when/if it ever happens.

I wish i could put the omnia 2's guts into the imagio and then have it dual boot with android 2.0.. that would make a great phone
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
Hi all,
I had an Imagio briefly but returned it because its browser was slow and froze up on me twice. But I loved that it is a Global phone, nicely built. Battery lasted a day-day and half. A store model's browser seemed a bit faster than the one I had, so it might have been a sample defect. The Omnia 2 is supposed to be released Dec 2nd as per Engadget, so I'll have a tough decision, Omnia2 vs. Imagio. One thing great about Imagio is that the FM radio has stereo-mono toggle which apparently the Omn2 does not.

My question is: Does Opera 9.7 install make it the default browser or do you have to go into the programs and run it, and also, is Opera Mini as fast as people say it is? I've been playing with Skyfire and find it just great.

Also: having bought an Imagio, are you pretty pleased or do you wish you had an overall faster functioning phone? Thx
If you get one of the more recent builds that have been customized by the community like the ones at xda-developers they install over the built-in 9.5 build and become the default. And yes the 9.7 I use is faster than the 9.5 stock version that came on the device. And if you use Turbo Mode and/or Mobile sites it's just as fast as Opera Mini then. Opera 10 looks pretty good, but it sounds like there are a few bugs yet that are discouraging me from going to it just yet. The build I'm referring to is in the 2nd post of this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486502

Overall I'm pleased with the phone and know it will be even better once unlocked and cooked ROMs start coming, honestly for a WM phone, outside of the HD2, I don't think we'll see much better before WM7 in a year or less.

Last edited by fwaits; 11-21-2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio

Toysrme is keeping up the good workToysrme is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: Considering Imagio...again

i like mine! once you do the no push internet, underclocking program & ditch oem opera for IE, skyfire & opera 10. pretty good phone!
opera 10 is a massive memory footprint tho... i once opened it 56% & it jumped to 88% with one tab open lawlz!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toysrme View Post
i like mine! once you do the no push internet, underclocking program & ditch oem opera for IE, skyfire & opera 10. pretty good phone!
opera 10 is a massive memory footprint tho... i once opened it 56% & it jumped to 88% with one tab open lawlz!
You find IE faster than OEM Opera? I'll have to play with it. I agree Opera can be slow at times. Other times it's lightning fast so some of it must be my 3G connection of wifi connection. I'll try IE a little.

P.S. Do you have to pay for Opera 10 if Opera is OEM say on the Imagio? I was only an Opera mini user before. And will Firefox mobile kick ass in a few months?

Last edited by johnbrain; 11-21-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid, HTC Imagio

GRTK_Brandon is just getting started

I think the Imagio is a pretty good phone. I own the Droid while my girlfriend has the Imagio. The Droid is definitely faster, but of course there are a lot of variables to attribute to this (the arm-8 processor being the most prominent one).

Prior to getting the Droid I followed the Omnia 2 pretty closely. Aesthetically, the phone has a very nice form factor and appeal to it. Even over the Imagio, in my opinion. The biggest turn off is the Touch Wiz UI Samsung has. The Omnia 2's processor may be clocked higher than the Imagio's, but the Touch Wiz interface is probably going to be a bigger resource hog than the TouchFlo 3D, not to mention clockspeed isn't everything in a processor. The Omnia 2 looks a bit laggy, and its appeal was just kind of lost to me. These are my own opinions, though.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

SaosinEngaged is a n00b

I don't understand the people that say "oh I have to wait two more years now for an upgrade."

Honestly, if your phone is as important to you as it is me, (you are on this site after all), and another phone comes out that serves as a functional upgrade to your life, you honestly wouldn't just pony up the extra cash and buy it outright?

I mean, I'm assuming we're all working adults here. $600.00 isn't exactly a hell of a lot of money, especially if it's for something as important as your phone. Hell, my phone is essentially the most important device I touch every single day of my life. I just upgraded to the Imagio, but if the HD2 came out tomorrow, I'd sure as hell buy it outright.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

I agree with Saosin completely. The only reason i upgraded to this phone was because my omnia had been giving me screen issues. I will not upgrade to another until there is actually something good on it to make my job/life better, and if it is a few bucks then that will be weighed at the time of makin that decision. If it is that important $600 or so is not too much to spend. Stuff to tinker with and bragging rights are not on my must have list. The Imagio is great and if custom roms eventually get made that will be great, but not a must have.. After all it is a phone first and foremost.. !

I do have to mention though that prior to gettin my imagio i had been watching the O2 since i figured the screen issue would be gone on that.. But I felt all anti samsung the day my O1 crapped out on me.(again, 2nd time in 8 months) Alas, my 30 days are up. Imagio will definately fit the bill for the next 2 years.. Unless we get attacked by killer robot Zombies with H1N1 before then..

Last edited by Nicaragüense; 11-22-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio and Incredible

untitled is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbrain View Post
P.S. Do you have to pay for Opera 10 if Opera is OEM say on the Imagio??
No one has to pay for Opera 10. It's free.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio