PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy
Re: Considering Imagio...again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
Hi all,
My question is: Does Opera 9.7 install make it the default browser or do you have to go into the programs and run it, and also, is Opera Mini as fast as people say it is? I've been playing with Skyfire and find it just great.
The Opera 9.7 cabs on XDA will make Opera 9.7 the default. Opera Mini is as fast as people say it is. Right now, I'm using the Opera 10 beta, which incorporates the best of Opera 9.X and Opera Mini - it's pretty quick too. Also, when installed to the device storage, it becomes the default browser.

Quote:
Also: having bought an Imagio, are you pretty pleased or do you wish you had an overall faster functioning phone? Thx
I'm happy with my Imagio, although I do miss the built-in 8GB of flash memory that my old Omnia had. The Omnia 2 is looking pretty promising, but I'm just miffed that it's being released now that I'm no longer within my return window for the Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaosinEngaged View Post
I don't understand the people that say "oh I have to wait two more years now for an upgrade." I mean, I'm assuming we're all working adults here. $600.00 isn't exactly a hell of a lot of money, especially if it's for something as important as your phone.
Most of us are working adults - I certainly am (as is my wife). However, that doesn't mean our budget allows for spending $500-$600 on a phone whenever one of us wants a new one. I suspect a lot of people are like that.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 910
Carrier: verizon

bigdad63 is a n00b

Am I the only omnia owner who's noticed how much harder it is to use the newer phones without the mouse?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

i rarely used the mouse on my omnia, but i did like the optical dpad effect. that was useful.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio