PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

cdodge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Hate Verizon!

In a good way for once.=D>

I remember back when they had absolutley no phones to choose from so it made the decisoin easy. now there are to maney good choices.

right now i have the imagio which I love except it seems a little slow at times. I know once the honeymoon phase is over and i start using it just as a phone instead of playing with it 24 hours a day i will forget about the slowness.

Now with the droid released and the imagio 2 getting released on the 2nd i am not sure what to do. the doird is ugly but i want to see what android is all about and the phone is really fast.

The omnia 2 is ugly compared to the imagio but it has a faster processer, flash for camera, oled screen and a few other extras. the dumbest thing on the O@ is where tehy place the chargin port and the headphone jack. Do these people think when they make these phones?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/20/v...ber-2-for-200/

I am wondering if the omnia 2 would be a step up form the imagio.

If I new which Windows phone would be unlocked first that might hep the decision too.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Re: I Hate Verizon!

Out of the box the Omnia looks slightly better on paper, mostly processor, OLED screen (Though it doesn't seem to help in sunlight so I don't know how much nicer the screen really is over the Imagio's which is nice), and the flash as you mentioned, which for me is a low priority as I don't take that many pictures with my phone. TouchFLO > TouchWiz by far for usability. It's hard to say. I'm more of an HTC fan over Samsung with mobile devices so I give the tilt to them when it's close. Both unlocked would be interesting to compare.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy

Now, I'm pissed - I got the Imagio as a replacement for my Omnia 1 because of constant FRUs, now that I'm way out of any return period, they finally announce the OII?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemmy View Post
Now, I'm pissed - I got the Imagio as a replacement for my Omnia 1 because of constant FRUs, now that I'm way out of any return period, they finally announce the OII?
Meh I don't think it will be better than the Imagio with exception of the camera having flash if you are someone who would benefit from that. The OLED screen while nice washes out in the sun just like other screens so it's improvement over the already nice Imagio screen look to be minimal. And TouchFLO > TouchWiz anyday. With cooked ROMs on both, it could be interesting to see how much different they are.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

I know, now there are to many good choices and its sucks trying to pick one.

I really like my imagio and have less than a week to decide if I want the Omnia 2.

I have heard rumors about VZ having a phone called the HTC passion. suppose to have a 1ghz processor and a 4.3 inch screen and run andriod. i bet its to big to put in a pocket though
Old 11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / Titan VX6800

larry0071 is just getting started

I grabbed the Imagio but opted for the 1 year contract. So, June 2010 I can upgrade hardware again to one of the upcoming phones coming out. If Passion turns out to be what I hope for.... I'll likely get that.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
I grabbed the Imagio but opted for the 1 year contract. So, June 2010 I can upgrade hardware again to one of the upcoming phones coming out. If Passion turns out to be what I hope for.... I'll likely get that.
I wish i would have been smarter and paid $70 more to only be in a year contact.

if i end up returning the imagio and getting the omnia 2 i am only going to sign up for a year.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,

manofhonor24 is a n00b

I have actually played with the Samsung Omnia 2 and it is a fantastic device. It really isn't a device that is meant to be superior but more of a sibling. The Omnia 2 has a faster processor which is nice, and comes in handy when multitasking. The screen on the Omnia2 is incredible much to the same as the Imagio. The Omnia2 is has the widgets going for it which may or may not make the device easier to use depending on the person. The biggest thing is that it has windows mobile 6.5, but so does the imagio. It is more of a cousin to the Imagio, slightly different but definitely has all the same capabilities.

I can't go into detail (i love having a job), but if you are looking for a device there are more android devices that MAY come to Verizon. The Android platform especially the new Android device by HTC (do a google search) looks like it may be the way to go with all the customization and productivity options. The potential on these devices is absolutely unlimited. I bought an Imagio, and I am not sorry I did, it is a great phone. But the way the market is trending it looks more and more like people will have multiple phones that they use. I plan on buying this android device, and switching between the two devices ever couple months or so. But that's just me...
Old 11-21-2009, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,

manofhonor24 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdodge View Post
I wish i would have been smarter and paid $70 more to only be in a year contact.

if i end up returning the imagio and getting the omnia 2 i am only going to sign up for a year.
If you do that, make sure you return the device completely and then buy the Omnia 2. If you do an exchange, you will not be able to reduce the contract. It has to be the same as the original contract that is signed. SO for example if you bought the Imagio on 11/6 and decided to return it on 11/27 you would have to pay the restocking fee, but when you decide to purchase the next device whenever that was, you will have the option of signing a 1 or 2 yr contract. But if you do an exchange on 12/2 to the Omnia 2 you have to do a 2yr contract because a previous 2yr contract was signed previously. Now if you are the primary number on the account it won't matter anyway because with PDA you can upgrade every year with a $20 fee.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Meh I don't think it will be better than the Imagio with exception of the camera having flash if you are someone who would benefit from that. The OLED screen while nice washes out in the sun just like other screens so it's improvement over the already nice Imagio screen look to be minimal. And TouchFLO > TouchWiz anyday. With cooked ROMs on both, it could be interesting to see how much different they are.
1. The Omnia 2, like the original Omnia has an 8GB flash storage module attached to the logic board, plus a microSD slot for additional storage. Programs which may not run well when installed to a microSD card run very well on the flash storage module (I know this from my i910).

2. I never used TouchWiz on my i910, I either used Mobile Shell (and I'm very impressed with 3.5.1) or the Windows Mobile "Titanium" interface, which skins very nicely.

3. Having a flash helps with low light photos and is useful if you need a flashlight (using the TorchButton program).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio