PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   get rid of verizon startup (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97632)

maxtcee 11-19-2009 11:04 PM

get rid of verizon startup

1 Attachment(s)
figured out how to change the verizon animation at start up just get any 480x800 animated gif and rename it Startup use any reg program and put in windows folder heres a few that i found theres not much of a selection in that res

fwaits 11-20-2009 01:04 AM

Re: get rid of verizon startup

I found this animated startup and decided to use it. Pretty neat.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=570880

Americanmetal 11-20-2009 05:30 AM

How about the shutdown Verizon animation?

Do not want.

mlevin77 11-20-2009 06:06 AM

Re: verizon startup - what viewer is it using?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1345687)
figured out how to change the verizon animation at start up just get any 480x800 animated gif and rename it Startup use any reg program and put in windows folder heres a few that i found theres not much of a selection in that res

Advanced Configuration Tool also has an option to point Startup to any file you like.

It appears (from the thread linked to in another post here) that sound is also possible? Does anyone have a good tool for making animated GIFs w/ sound that will be compatible with whatever viewer it uses to display this on startup?

Also, what are the properties of the viewer it's using and the process for displaying all this stuff at startup? For example, does it crop/trim/stretch if the resolution of the image is different than that of the screen? How about if I don't want animation but just a single GIF or PNG - will it be able to use that? What is the difference between the two welcomehead PNGs and the Startup GIF - when does each run and what does it expect for each?

thanks,

Mike

maxtcee 11-20-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlevin77 (Post 1346521)
Advanced Configuration Tool also has an option to point Startup to any file you like.

It appears (from the thread linked to in another post here) that sound is also possible? Does anyone have a good tool for making animated GIFs w/ sound that will be compatible with whatever viewer it uses to display this on startup?

Also, what are the properties of the viewer it's using and the process for displaying all this stuff at startup? For example, does it crop/trim/stretch if the resolution of the image is different than that of the screen? How about if I don't want animation but just a single GIF or PNG - will it be able to use that? What is the difference between the two welcomehead PNGs and the Startup GIF - when does each run and what does it expect for each?

thanks,

Mike

as far as different res it will work but if the res is to small youll have black around the image and if you just want png or jpg your only gona see the image for a split second then it will go black till the welcome head starts up

Startup is the animated verizon logo
welcomehead is the orange windows logo after the verizon animated logo if you want shut down same concept just rename it Shutdown

maxtcee 11-20-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americanmetal (Post 1346489)

Do not want.

i use slide2shut so there no shutdown screen

mlevin77 11-20-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1346575)
Startup is the animated verizon logo

I downloaded a .gif of the right size (it was designed for just this purpose for the startup animation) but it never runs - just see black until the HTC startup screen. Any idea how to find out why it won't load/display it?

Mike

maxtcee 11-20-2009 09:56 AM

did you try to see if it animates on comp not all gifs animate

mlevin77 11-20-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxtcee (Post 1346720)
did you try to see if it animates on comp not all gifs animate

Nope. I'm on a Mac, but I might as well try it on a PC to be sure. What app would I use on a desktop to check the GIF?

thanks,

Mike

keithdupont 11-20-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americanmetal (Post 1346489)

Do not want.

It is a simple reg edit.

HKLM\Software\HTC\Poweroff\Playshutdownanimation

Change to 0 instead of 1