PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio gets wet and keeps on tickin' (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97436)

digi 11-19-2009 01:30 AM

Imagio gets wet and keeps on tickin'

My friend and I just threw an Imagio in the sink for lulz, it cut off after about thirty seconds, but now its back up and running like a champ with water still pouring out of it. Just thought some of you might like to know that if an accident ever occurs you might still be okay.

Heres a short vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOP4LUgzDU

Oh and btw, we didn't just ruin a perfectly good phone. This one worked fine, but it already had red moisture indicators after the cat knocked a drink over on the table next to it. Wanted to get it replaced before Asurion started sending out refurbs.

bikeandestroyx 11-19-2009 01:34 AM

Re: Imagio gets wet and keeps on tickin'

Lmao that thing doesn't want to die... That is really surprising.

Americanmetal 11-19-2009 01:35 AM

Do not have the balls to try that even think of it

fwaits 11-19-2009 02:00 AM

haha Nice, well it's good to know it might be fairly sealed from a short dunk in case of an accident. If nothing else, gives you time to shut it down before something burns out and let you dry it out before starting it up again.

digi 11-19-2009 08:16 AM

Yeah, its was kinda funny, it turned off right at the end of the video, it did have a very low battery, and after watching the video again, I think that may have been the low power warning that pops up right before it turns off. I pulled it out of the water and it turned back on no problem, I even plugged it into the charger and it kept on going.

y0himba 11-19-2009 10:04 AM

I love my Imagio. I cringed during that whole ordeal. Maybe you should post a disclaimer for old people like me so I don't have a heart attack....:mrgreen:

jlh11364 11-19-2009 05:41 PM

I will testify that is survives drops on hard ceramic tile as well. I have droppe the phone from approx. 4' twice onto tile. Nothing cracked or came loose. My 6900 would have fallen apart and the battery across the room.

cmartin1200 11-20-2009 12:37 AM

I too have had my Imagio into the water. It was on my kitchen counter charging, first charge it was only hours old, while my washer was running in another room. Well the washer went into the spin cycle and I heard a odd noise behind me but I was busy and didn't look. After I finished what I was doing I turned to see what the noise was and found my phone in the cat's water bowl under water. So I took it out, pulled the battery and figured I'd wait until morning to file an insurance claim. Well morning came and I thought what the heck I'll put the battery back in and see how bad it is. Well it's been over a month now and it's showing no sign of trouble. What do you think, keep it or file for a replacement?

J3smoak 11-20-2009 11:51 AM

awesome :headbang:

minime660cc 01-06-2010 12:47 AM

I too had an accident, i came home after a night of drinking two nights ago and i went inside. 9 hrs later i woke up and i couldnt find my phone anywhere! after looking everywhere i went out to my car and come to find out its face down in a snow bank in 10 degree weather! Still on the screen was moving very slugglish. I freaked out and took the batt out and put it near the heater for a few hours. long story short sooo far my imagio is fine!! very durable phone !!