PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Location Feature not available (Google Maps) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97259)

kiran_tp 11-18-2009 10:33 AM

Location Feature not available (Google Maps)

I use googls maps' location feature to search what around me. I am from Ny metro area. this week i am travelling to cleveland Ohio and when I tried the google maps and try to locate me with the google maps it displayed a message stating "Your current location temporariliy available". Does anybody know what is the reason.

I didn't tried the gps to locate me.

braindoc 11-18-2009 10:48 AM

Re: Location Feature not available (Google Maps)

Make sure your phone is set to location on. Go to Settings -- Personal -- Phone -- CDMA Services (tab) -- Location Setting and make sure that LOCATION ON is selected not 911 ONLY.

fwaits 11-18-2009 01:48 PM

Did you have 3G service in that area? If it's showing 1X you will likely have issues with the location functions.

kiran_tp 11-18-2009 02:51 PM

I do have 3g in cleveland and the location is on

briannowicki 11-18-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiran_tp (Post 1340784)
I do have 3g in cleveland and the location is on

to right soft key menu make sure use GPS is checked.. and make sure you look at the upper right corner and wait till it says Satellites(#) meaning it found the gps satellites.

kiran_tp 11-18-2009 03:34 PM

I didn't tried with GPS.

It used to work even without gps with less accuracy (Even inside buildings) using cell towers for location thing.

Another problem I noticed that the location weather doesn't work either. I did called Verizon and asked me take the battery out for 15 seconds and after the phone startsup do a *228 then 1 (Activate phone thing). It didn't helped either.

It was perfectly fine in the NY metro area and New jersery.

briannowicki 11-18-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiran_tp (Post 1340935)
I didn't tried with GPS.

It used to work even without gps with less accuracy (Even inside buildings) using cell towers for location thing.

Another problem I noticed that the location weather doesn't work either. I did called Verizon and asked me take the battery out for 15 seconds and after the phone startsup do a *228 then 1 (Activate phone thing). It didn't helped either.

It was perfectly fine in the NY metro area and New jersery.

so even uing GPS from menu didnt work?

Shemmy 11-18-2009 05:37 PM

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

ahearn 11-18-2009 10:58 PM

If the program can't locate you using cell tower triangulation (not unusual), you'll get the error. In this case, and if you want more precision, click on Menu and select the Use GPS option.

briannowicki 11-19-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahearn (Post 1342275)
If the program can't locate you using cell tower triangulation (not unusual), you'll get the error. In this case, and if you want more precision, click on Menu and select the Use GPS option.

Read up like 4 post i said that :scratch: