PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

densbucs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Location Feature not available (Google Maps)

Just want to though in my .02 cents on this issue. I just purchased a new verizon wireless imagio yesterday and fought with the GPS all last night and this morning, Until i remembered a fix i did on my wifes Ozone phone.

initially Google maps and bing maps could not lock onto any satellites at all. Actually Google maps would give me an error after it would run for a few minutes, saying " your GPS signal is really weak and needs to be serviced" ( or something to that effect. I doubled checked the "location setting' and made sure that GPS setting was on " allow windows to mange", also did numerous 'Quick GPS" updates. Then after remembering what i did on my wife's Ozone and for troubleshooting sakes i ran the Verizon Navigator application (which i must say is slow as all get out). I selected the "one day - one time free trial", and installed it ( i actually had to download it for the Imagio, the Ozone already had it installed). Once the application updated and configured itself, i went to the navigator's map function and wall-la it found me perfectly and actually flashed my street address, which i kind of thought was a little neat. Then i closed Navigator and launched Bing and Google maps. Wall-la again Google maps started locking in on 9-11 satellites and the lock in time was probably about 10 seconds, inside my house and on a rainy day. So I guess Verizon does have the GPS application open to other 3rd party applications but there is something that Navigator needs to do before they will work correctly.

I hope this helps someone in the future. Go Buccaneers (tough year for the bucs though).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio