PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

cdodge is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Question/ droid and imagio

I bought my imagio a few weeks ago for 199 and it had the screen gap issue so they charged me 199 for a new one and will credit me the 199 for the orignal one when after i send it back.

I am curios about the droid so i was wondering what would happen if i exchanged my imagio for the droid and didnt send the 2nd imagio back?

I am a geek and would like to play with the droid but i dont think it would be a phone i could use everyday so this way i could keep my imagio and have the droid to play with. i would just shut the phone radio off on pne of them and use wireless only.

would verizon call me and ask why i havnt returned the 2nd phone or would they forget about it and i could keep both?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Verizon Question/ droid and imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdodge View Post
I bought my imagio a few weeks ago for 199 and it had the screen gap issue so they charged me 199 for a new one and will credit me the 199 for the orignal one when after i send it back.

I am curios about the droid so i was wondering what would happen if i exchanged my imagio for the droid and didnt send the 2nd imagio back?

I am a geek and would like to play with the droid but i dont think it would be a phone i could use everyday so this way i could keep my imagio and have the droid to play with. i would just shut the phone radio off on pne of them and use wireless only.

would verizon call me and ask why i havnt returned the 2nd phone or would they forget about it and i could keep both?
they'll credit you and send the phone once they know you've sent the other one.. its an exchange so thats what you have to do. they wont just take your word for it and exchange your imagio and send you a new phone for free because they need to ship your imagio with the gap back to the manufac. as proof for (Verizon) on why they needed to exchange it for their customer. unfortunatly its 1 or the other unless you pay for both phones.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannowicki View Post
they'll credit you and send the phone once they know you've sent the other one.. its an exchange so thats what you have to do. they wont just take your word for it and exchange your imagio and send you a new phone for free because they need to ship your imagio with the gap back to the manufac. as proof for (Verizon) on why they needed to exchange it for their customer. unfortunatly its 1 or the other unless you pay for both phones.

When i stopped ino the store today I had them look at my account and it seemed like they didnt know about the second imagio that i have not sent back yet. they said i could exchange (the good one i am assuming) in store and would only have to pay the 35 re-stocking fee to get the droid. that would leave me with the imagio with the gap and the droid.

I realize i would have to pay for both phones but if i only paid 199 for the imagio with a gap and 199 for the driod i would be fine with that.

I love my imagio but i woul dreally like to have a droid to play with even if it doesnt have service activated on it
Old 11-16-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy

If VZW doesn't receive a phone that you're supposed to ship back to them within 10 business days, they bill you the full retail amount.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemmy View Post
If VZW doesn't receive a phone that you're supposed to ship back to them within 10 business days, they bill you the full retail amount.

Yikes, thats what i was wondering.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

after thinking about this some more I wonder how they would know when the second phone needs to be returned. they didnt replace the first one under warranty they just sold me a second one at the same price and told me i wouldnt get my 199 back until i sent the first one back. I wonder if they put notes on my account to charge me full more for the first one if they dont get it back?

normally you would think that they would have followed the usual procedere by sending a replacement out without charging me with a prepiad return box and it would have the notification saying you have 10 days to return. this one did not have that i just got a new purchase receipt with both phones
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: drod x

jone216 is keeping up the good workjone216 is keeping up the good work

thinking about getting the magio which is better magio touch pro motorola droid
Old 11-16-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cdodge is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone216 View Post
thinking about getting the magio which is better magio touch pro motorola droid
I like the imagio but i want a droid to play with. the keyboard is almost useless on the droid.. IMO. The TP2 is huge ut has a great keyboard. the imagio is just right

the droid seems to be very fast but is kind of buggy yet. not that the imagio's software is perfect either.

Thats why i was hoping someone would know the answer to the above. I want to keep and use my imagio but i want to droid to play with. I dont want to pay 559 for it but i would pay 199 if i could some how keep my imagio.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

edh2075 is a n00b

There is absolutely no way that you'd be able to accomplish what you're looking to do. A retail rep in a store may not have the ability, or have taken the time, to look deep enough into your account activity to notice that you had a replacement phone billed and sent to you. Somewhere in the Verizon system it will catch up to you. A phone is sold to you at $199 based on you having signed a contract for two years. You can not have purchased a phone at contract price without a contract for it, and no, the original contract will not cover two phones at contract price. Don't try it. As mentioned prior, you will be charged full retail for it and eventually have to return it and wait until they get around to crediting $500+ to your account. Remember... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio