PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

prnzchrmg is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio Battery Life??

Wow. My battery goes down quicky. I've never had it run out in a given day, yet. But I've had it running on the battery today, for example, for only three hours so far and my meter says it's already down to 62%! This is how it's be going since I got it. I really don't have much running. ActiveSync is there, and today I am using BlueTooth (only one call so far)--but I don't use BlueTooh everyday. I have this phone setup the same as my previous PPC phones, and they didn't drain like this.

Anyone else having the same fast-draining battery issue? Thanks.

-mt
Old 10-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

enchanter03 is a n00b
Re: Imagio Battery Life??

My phone drained down to 50% today, however I feel that was due to my bluetooth being connected all morning with active sync. Have not tested fully yet however.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

jasturbo is a n00b

I absolutely love this phone but the battery life on my unit is terrible. I get about 4 hours standby with only phone and data on. Maybe I got a faulty battery because I've had it about a week and can never get over 5 hours max standby time. Think I'll call Verizon and request a replacement. I had a Blackerry Curve before this and never had an issue with battery life. I also tried changing active sync to ony sync every 30 minutes. I use Gmail through Active sync for email.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

This is my post from the other battery thread, which is still in the Diamond 2 forum for some reason:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
Okay... something is seriously wrong here.

I had my phone charging all of last afternoon, and when I went to bed it was at a 100% charge. I decided not to leave it plugged in overnight, as to not charge it needlessly, and I was going to be waking up in 5 hours anyway, and I figured there was no way the battery could drop even below 90%.

Big mistake. I woke up this morning 5 hours late for work, and find my phone has shut itself off. I use it as my alarm clock, and I can't believe that something like this happened. It took less than 5 hours for the battery to go from 100% down to 0. When I turned on the phone, thinking I might have shut it off accidentally in my sleep, It gave me a low battery warning and proceeded to immediately shut itself off.

I'm convinced something's running in the background here, as my ram will go from 50% used all the way up to 70-80 during the day, even with the ram tweaks installed and with nothing running in the background. Is there any way to force this to show everything, similar to the tweaks released for the TP2?

I'd take the phone back, but I don't want to deal with shipping and them double charging me, especially because there's nothing wrong with the actual phone itself, and I don't want to take my chances with a replacement because this one has a perfect screen. Maybe a hard reset/rom reflash is in order?
So as you can see, I'm pretty annoyed with the battery life on this phone... Half of the time it's fine, like right now, I've had the phone on for at least 5 hours without a charge and the battery is still at 100%, and the other time it's terrible like described above.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

jasturbo is a n00b

Yeah, I agree sometimes battery drain seems very inconsistent.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started

I'm having an issue where in the "Information" tab on the battery, it shows that it's never been fully charged. Anyone else have this?

With light use I can get about 2 days out of this puppy, but certainly wouldn't mind a little bit more time. Maybe there's a battery draining leak in WM6.5 that can be patched up?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:19 AM
N00b

liketomod is a n00b

Quote:
I'm having an issue where in the "Information" tab on the battery, it shows that it's never been fully charged. Anyone else have this?
I noticed that when connected to my laptop, it will max out at 80%. I have to use the AC to get to 100%

Not sure if that is related to your issue..
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

tackleberry is a n00b

a 46 min call dropped it to 80% directly off the charger for me. today will be the first day i can keep better track of it
Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

i'm not having any problems with battery life. standby is fine and in use is good as well.
i would say it lasts a bit longer then my touch pro even though i play with this one more since its new.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Lurker

Cloppy is keeping up the good workCloppy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
This is my post from the other battery thread, which is still in the Diamond 2 forum for some reason:

So as you can see, I'm pretty annoyed with the battery life on this phone... Half of the time it's fine, like right now, I've had the phone on for at least 5 hours without a charge and the battery is still at 100%, and the other time it's terrible like described above.
I am having a simlar problem. sometimes its fine, sometimes it doesnt last more then 5 hours. Both cases they are being idle half the time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio