PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio HSPL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96852)

walkeryan 11-16-2009 10:20 AM

Imagio HSPL

I'm in the process of Developing the HSPL for the Imagio. The last one I did for myself was back on the PPC6700 so its been a while. I've never seen anything like this. I purchased the IMagio a few weeks ago and love it, when I read that it was exclusive to Verizon and a HSPL would be hard to come by I decided to start developing again. Cmonex will most definitely finish before me however I've decided to press on because I like a good challenge. I was using the raw dumps from his thread but decided to use my own phone just to make sure nothing is lost in transit. If anyone has any incite on this processor please feel free to post in this forum thread. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

makryger 11-16-2009 12:00 PM

Re: Imagio HSPL since the other Thread has Hitler moderating it.

Ha ha, great title!

KnightlyScribe 11-16-2009 02:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC_Touch_Diamond2_T5353 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

kewll..

spetrillo 11-16-2009 02:36 PM

Re: Imagio HSPL since the other Thread has Hitler moderating it.

If you need something tested please let me know. I willingly give my Imagio for science.

Steve

hibby50 11-16-2009 02:41 PM

Re: Imagio HSPL

I changed the title... Please refrain from crude remarks like that.

ftropea 11-16-2009 02:45 PM

This is very exciting news. Thank you for taking your personal time to work on it.

makryger 11-16-2009 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 1334132)
I changed the title... Please refrain from crude remarks like that.

Says the person with the signature of a man shooting a little child.
:wink:

[sammich] 11-16-2009 07:23 PM

Clearly, the deleting unnecessary clutter as requested by the original poster equates to the mass murder of millions of innocent people. Sorry, I must have missed that part of the history lecture.

I even put a damn smiley face after asking people not to post there. All you had to do was create a new thread if the OP didn't want other posts there. Simple.

Have an issue? Use something called the PRIVATE MESSAGING feature! I would be happy to discuss anything you disagree with, and if you present a good case I will take action. However, it severely ticks me off that you have the audacity to create another thread publicly insulting me when all you had to do was send me a PM.

However, I will leave it at that. Hibby already took care of the issue, so I thank him for addressing this while I was in (ironically) a history lecture.

Mr. X 11-16-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makryger (Post 1334747)
Says the person with the signature of a man shooting a little child.
:wink:

u realize that child is Hibby50?

makryger 11-16-2009 08:56 PM

Seriously? Why is patrick stewart so mad at him?

lafester 11-16-2009 09:22 PM

dunno what all the comments were but i did think it was strange that the other thread had to be "cleaned up' when there were only like 8 posts in it. this isn't the tp2 forum with an angry mob waiting for the hspl. why not just wait for the release and clean it up then? just because the op wants something does not make it right.

walkeryan 11-17-2009 10:27 AM

Exactly, I'm sorry but a forum is where people go to exchange information. So to say not to post on a thread defeats the whole purpose of a forum. If you dont want people replying and making your threads "messy" go create a blog and disable comments, this place should be for sharing information and helping each other out. I would gladly search through 10 pages of useless (sometime comical) comments if it meant finding something useful. I understand their is no need for senseless chatter or what not but as I said this is a forum not someones personal blog. That's what the search feature is their for. I gave up on the HSPL for the Imagio partially because of the difficulty of these arm processors but also partly because of this forum. I've never had any problems like this over at XDA.

ftropea 11-17-2009 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear that you're no longer working on it. Thank you for trying.

[sammich] 11-17-2009 12:19 PM

The reasoning for my actions:

The OP indicated, in the first post, that the thread was for updates and communication from cmonex. Because the OP wanted the thread to be one with official information and not posts from other members, I cleaned the thread.

How the issue could have been avoided:

Anyone who wanted to discuss an unlocker made by a different person should have made a separate thread. That way we could have information from both developers organized and not mixed in together. The previous thread was a PLACEHOLDER thread, which is entirely different than a discussion thread. If you want to discuss the development, you can create a new thread with the same title, except with "DISCUSSION" at the end.

Think about this:

Google and Microsoft both make a World Domination program for PC. Even though the programs are similar, we would discuss them in separate threads. We would also have one thread for official development/release info and another for discussion. If everything was massed into one thread, discussing an aspect of the program that does not apply to the version made by the other company would cause users to get confused and we would have one helluva mess in the forum.

Organization is key! :spin:

Getitnowmarketing 11-17-2009 06:39 PM

Did you actually patch the bootloader for the apache or are you talking about the supercid edit for htc.nvm or use of a Noid Ruu? Im one of the few people who do anything with 6700 anymore and would love to see a patched bootloader for it. Much has changed with the new phones. How do you plan to bypass the radio blocking write access to ram to be able to load a patched spl on whitestone? None of the old methods will work.

fwaits 11-17-2009 08:01 PM

drellisdee is the Whitestone much different than Rhodium in that regard? I kinda figured they would be very similar since they are very similar hardware.

lafester 11-18-2009 12:06 AM

To be honest I think placeholder threads are bs... especially in this case as cmonex is not the threadstarter. That thread should have been posted in the general section for everyone to comment on and talk about updates.

I could go on about all the 'chefs' placeholder threads but whatever. we can tolerate some forum abuse from those that contribute so much.

Americanmetal 11-18-2009 03:08 AM

I'm going crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy

rolandroland 11-18-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 1339168)
To be honest I think placeholder threads are bs... especially in this case as cmonex is not the threadstarter. That thread should have been posted in the general section for everyone to comment on and talk about updates.

I could go on about all the 'chefs' placeholder threads but whatever. we can tolerate some forum abuse from those that contribute so much.

I have to agree with you. It's not like a restaurant where you risk losing your seat. There will always be a spot for a thread, there is nothing to hold. If anything just make an thread announcing something is happening, let people blab away and then create a new one when it is released. Much cleaner and less admin for for the mods.

Reef48 11-18-2009 04:37 PM

A lot of good points on both sides. But flaming a MOD is not the best route to go with a issue. We are all ready for the unlocker, and it is only natural to ask for a update. I thank the OP for giving it a shot on trying to create a unlocker for us. Now we just need a update from cmonex.

Mr. X 11-19-2009 11:20 AM

There is nothing wrong with having a discussion like mature adults guys,so as long as the OP does not state dont crud up my thread and they are ok with the borderline off topic in there thread we let it slide as much as possible... until y'all get so far off topic it wither 1) has nothing to do with the original topic at hand or 2) the flaming starts for some reason.

Remember when a person Starts a thread they own it, they have the authority to run said thread in the direction they want, and they can even remove it. if they want to have it cleaned up for the sake of keeping it on topic, and respectful then they have every right to :)

rolandroland 11-19-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef48 (Post 1341116)
A lot of good points on both sides. But flaming a MOD is not the best route to go with a issue. We are all ready for the unlocker, and it is only natural to ask for a update. I thank the OP for giving it a shot on trying to create a unlocker for us. Now we just need a update from cmonex.

Agreed, flaming anyone is wasted space, whether you have a good or bad point.

insert flamer here -->:violent2:

briannowicki 11-19-2009 03:01 PM

Everyone listen up.. here's the main rule/point on why it should just stop..

Arguing online is like winning the special olypmics, cuz in the end you're still retarded! :spin:

LOL

maxtcee 11-21-2009 08:26 AM

good one brian

m4f1050 11-21-2009 08:41 AM

My $0.02... I think the OP should use PM (it's very clean and direct) to talk to another developer, or... there should be a private section for developers if they want privacy. Then there is the public section, this one, for us to comment on. For example, the previous posts were deleted but look at the thread now, 3 pages (and counting) of what, same non-related to title. So my posts were related to the title, and that I would donate to the OP (or whoever got the HSPL out first.) So yeah, let's see some Imagio loving! I would love to see this HSPL out! Also, just FYI my Imagio has *NEVER* locked and I think it has the most stable Win OS I have ever used!

t0adman 11-21-2009 01:11 PM

...and why is the Goonies kid getting hit from all angles when he's being shot from one? Weird animation.

meanngreen 11-21-2009 02:06 PM

Someone should note that the op of this forum is no longer working on the hspl from my understanding atleast.

m4f1050 11-22-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanngreen (Post 1349826)
Someone should note that the op of this forum is no longer working on the hspl from my understanding atleast.

Were you notified by the OP himself?

lafester 11-22-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkeryan (Post 1336604)
I gave up on the HSPL for the Imagio partially because of the difficulty of these arm processors but also partly because of this forum. I've never had any problems like this over at XDA.

Its right here in this thread. Of course we are aware.

m4f1050 11-22-2009 10:12 PM

Heh! Why is this thread even open then? So sad, Imagio is the best phone I've ever owned, and I have a Touch Pro2 also, but it's heavier and bulky, don't like it as much.

cmonex 12-30-2009 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkeryan (Post 1336604)
Exactly, I'm sorry but a forum is where people go to exchange information. So to say not to post on a thread defeats the whole purpose of a forum. If you dont want people replying and making your threads "messy" go create a blog and disable comments, this place should be for sharing information and helping each other out. I would gladly search through 10 pages of useless (sometime comical) comments if it meant finding something useful. I understand their is no need for senseless chatter or what not but as I said this is a forum not someones personal blog. That's what the search feature is their for. I gave up on the HSPL for the Imagio partially because of the difficulty of these arm processors but also partly because of this forum. I've never had any problems like this over at XDA.

oh... I see this thread now. I wonder what was going on if forum posts managed to discourage you.

aye, the security on this thing is better than old devices.

btw, if it helps, I will have imagio HardSPL ready for testing in a few days. didn't have time (traveling, then christmas and all that stuff)

m4f1050 12-30-2009 08:51 AM

:wav:

the_passenger 12-30-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 1447665)
oh... I see this thread now. I wonder what was going on if forum posts managed to discourage you.

aye, the security on this thing is better than old devices.

btw, if it helps, I will have imagio HardSPL ready for testing in a few days. didn't have time (traveling, then christmas and all that stuff)

That's my New Year gift. :)

saxman1212 12-30-2009 03:32 PM

dont know what to say other than, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timshady337 12-30-2009 04:57 PM

Thanks Cmonex! You are the greatest. Just you gracing the page gives people "who know what you do" great hope. You are the most valuable asset to the mobile phone community world wide. I don't know code, brew or much of programing. I did Learn electronics and computer repair. It is a real strain on the brain. So I just would like to thank you and all who contributes for all the headaches you go through. We do appreciate it for real. Happy New Year!

t0adman 12-30-2009 05:33 PM

This IS great news! Like I said before, I'm more than happy to make a contribution when the final product hits the community. It's the least I/we can do for your intellectual contribution.

ftropea 12-30-2009 06:09 PM

cmonex,

Thank you :) Like I said, another donation on the way once the unlocker is released. It's the least I can do to thank you for the effort.

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

lafester 12-30-2009 10:59 PM

Very good news indeed. I was worried, thinking that the LEO HSPL would take up too much of your time for awhile. Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update!

arl16 12-31-2009 11:13 AM

I PM'd comonex a little while back to thank her for her work, and to tell her I wanted to make sure my donation was recognized as an Imagio Hard HSPL donation. So she actually created a specific PayPal site for those of us who want to donate towards the Imagio project. I sent her 20GBP ($32) yesterday.

For those who want to send her a donation on the Imgaio's behalf, here's the link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...harset=UTF%2d8

Hopefully we're close!!!

Ryan Ruppel 12-01-2012 08:18 PM

wheres the download link?