PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio HSPL (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96852)

lafester 11-16-2009 09:22 PM

Re: Imagio HSPL

dunno what all the comments were but i did think it was strange that the other thread had to be "cleaned up' when there were only like 8 posts in it. this isn't the tp2 forum with an angry mob waiting for the hspl. why not just wait for the release and clean it up then? just because the op wants something does not make it right.

walkeryan 11-17-2009 10:27 AM

Exactly, I'm sorry but a forum is where people go to exchange information. So to say not to post on a thread defeats the whole purpose of a forum. If you dont want people replying and making your threads "messy" go create a blog and disable comments, this place should be for sharing information and helping each other out. I would gladly search through 10 pages of useless (sometime comical) comments if it meant finding something useful. I understand their is no need for senseless chatter or what not but as I said this is a forum not someones personal blog. That's what the search feature is their for. I gave up on the HSPL for the Imagio partially because of the difficulty of these arm processors but also partly because of this forum. I've never had any problems like this over at XDA.

ftropea 11-17-2009 11:32 AM

Sorry to hear that you're no longer working on it. Thank you for trying.

[sammich] 11-17-2009 12:19 PM

The reasoning for my actions:

The OP indicated, in the first post, that the thread was for updates and communication from cmonex. Because the OP wanted the thread to be one with official information and not posts from other members, I cleaned the thread.

How the issue could have been avoided:

Anyone who wanted to discuss an unlocker made by a different person should have made a separate thread. That way we could have information from both developers organized and not mixed in together. The previous thread was a PLACEHOLDER thread, which is entirely different than a discussion thread. If you want to discuss the development, you can create a new thread with the same title, except with "DISCUSSION" at the end.

Think about this:

Google and Microsoft both make a World Domination program for PC. Even though the programs are similar, we would discuss them in separate threads. We would also have one thread for official development/release info and another for discussion. If everything was massed into one thread, discussing an aspect of the program that does not apply to the version made by the other company would cause users to get confused and we would have one helluva mess in the forum.

Organization is key! :spin:

Getitnowmarketing 11-17-2009 06:39 PM

Did you actually patch the bootloader for the apache or are you talking about the supercid edit for htc.nvm or use of a Noid Ruu? Im one of the few people who do anything with 6700 anymore and would love to see a patched bootloader for it. Much has changed with the new phones. How do you plan to bypass the radio blocking write access to ram to be able to load a patched spl on whitestone? None of the old methods will work.

fwaits 11-17-2009 08:01 PM

drellisdee is the Whitestone much different than Rhodium in that regard? I kinda figured they would be very similar since they are very similar hardware.

lafester 11-18-2009 12:06 AM

To be honest I think placeholder threads are bs... especially in this case as cmonex is not the threadstarter. That thread should have been posted in the general section for everyone to comment on and talk about updates.

I could go on about all the 'chefs' placeholder threads but whatever. we can tolerate some forum abuse from those that contribute so much.

Americanmetal 11-18-2009 03:08 AM

I'm going crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy

rolandroland 11-18-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 1339168)
To be honest I think placeholder threads are bs... especially in this case as cmonex is not the threadstarter. That thread should have been posted in the general section for everyone to comment on and talk about updates.

I could go on about all the 'chefs' placeholder threads but whatever. we can tolerate some forum abuse from those that contribute so much.

I have to agree with you. It's not like a restaurant where you risk losing your seat. There will always be a spot for a thread, there is nothing to hold. If anything just make an thread announcing something is happening, let people blab away and then create a new one when it is released. Much cleaner and less admin for for the mods.

Reef48 11-18-2009 04:37 PM

A lot of good points on both sides. But flaming a MOD is not the best route to go with a issue. We are all ready for the unlocker, and it is only natural to ask for a update. I thank the OP for giving it a shot on trying to create a unlocker for us. Now we just need a update from cmonex.