PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

loudog3114 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DROID on the 6th... whos staying WinMo?

I have been a windows mobile user for god knows how long... and I just got the Imagio for work. Honestly, I like it. Its fine... its not awesomely fun like the iphone or android, but its fine. In fact I am a fan of the keyboard and xt9. But mainly I like winmo for one reason, with exchange 2007, you get more message flagging options than with any other device. However, winmo seems to still be, by far, the most archaic and choppy/slow/whatever you want to call it OS out there. Also there is a serious lack of 'fun' factor with minimal apps easily accessible. With android 2.0 coming... whos stick with the imagio? I am still within my 14 day trade in by vzw... I think I will at least be looking at the motorola on the 6th.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor
Re: DROID on the 6th... whos staying WinMo?

I almost went and returned my imagio. But then I tried the droid in store, and hated physical and virtual keyboards. The camera also took very blurry pictures. I didn't like how boring and non-configurable the interface was. I mean, it was basically just a desktop with icons. not really an amazing and functional interface like touchflo. The phone is also heavy and ugly. I wanted wifi tethering, push hotmail, editing capability on Office docs, remote control for my HTPC, etc. In the end, however much I liked the droid specs on paper, the phone just didn't live up to it.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

I agree with Makryger. The Imagio is a awesome phone and will only get better. It started out fine from the get go. Im not sure the Droid will live up to the expectations. It may be a storm 1 all over again, lots of hype the first month and then down hill it goes.
Right now I just want my Imagio to quit sticking in 1X.

Wait until the Droid has been proven. That's my 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

loudog3114 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
I almost went and returned my imagio. But then I tried the droid in store, and hated physical and virtual keyboards. The camera also took very blurry pictures. I didn't like how boring and non-configurable the interface was. I mean, it was basically just a desktop with icons. not really an amazing and functional interface like touchflo. The phone is also heavy and ugly. I wanted wifi tethering, push hotmail, editing capability on Office docs, remote control for my HTPC, etc. In the end, however much I liked the droid specs on paper, the phone just didn't live up to it.
Interesting, im gonna put my hands on it and see what I think. I have to admit, htc did a great job of sprucing up winmo's ancient interface. I mean really.. without htc winmo would still be relying on a stylus...
Old 11-04-2009, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
I agree with Makryger. The Imagio is a awesome phone and will only get better. It started out fine from the get go. Im not sure the Droid will live up to the expectations. It may be a storm 1 all over again, lots of hype the first month and then down hill it goes.
Right now I just want my Imagio to quit sticking in 1X.

Wait until the Droid has been proven. That's my 2 cents.
Yeah, Storm 1 again. Once they get a non-keyboard phone that has the big screen and quick response, then it'll make a splash. Not that HTC one being released Friday that's under powered or the ugly Moto brick.

However I'll give it a fair shot once it is out, until then it's all speculation.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone seen the HD2? It's pictured on engadget today. It's got a bigger screen, 1 ghz processor, more program ram, capacitive, new HTC Sense UI... basically its the Imagio, but improved in almost every way.
I hate technology. It's been less than 1 month and they've already got a better phone coming out. Wonder if its going to come to verizon...
Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Doubtful, it will almost assuredly be GSM and hit T-Mobile or MAYBE AT&T. T-Mobile is already getting it in the UK as one of the first to launch.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy

If the Droid was running a mobile edition of say, Ubuntu or Red Hat, I'd have more interest.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Americanmetal is becoming a great contributor

Ill just wait till android is ported to the Imagio/TP2

Then I can enjoy both worlds
Old 11-04-2009, 06:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

ebayking90 is a n00b

The next phone I get will hopefully have a processor that is 800mHz or faster and hopefully Windows Mobile 7. No offense to Android but I don't like the idea of getting used to anoother operating system. I recently tried using a Mac and I hated everything about it. The way it is designed, you have to go through so many steps to do something simple, unlike in Windows. But, I am a person that doesn't like change, unless it is for the better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio