PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ahearn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio Memory Use Observations

The more I play my Imagio the more I'm impressed with it's memory managment. I'm currently running 8 different applications (Excel, Word, WunderRadio (listening to WSM), Google Maps with traffic, File Explorer, RSS Hub (lots of feeds), Bing, Opera looking at CNN.com (heavy graphics).

Memory started (with nothing running) at 59% and after 8 apps, goes to 78%. The responsiveness was unchanged as far as I could tell. The radio station played on and only skipped for an fraction of a second during loading the last couple of apps. Large web pages loaded as quickly as ever. After closing all apps, memory went down to 66%. The 7% "extra" are most likely leftover temporary files that get overwritten if necessary.

In fact, in one other test yesterday (90% memory), I showed 88% memory after closing an app, then loaded another app and the memory DROPPED to 80% after apparently dumping a batch of temp files.

In another test with max loading and a lot of apps running, I loaded another large app (Opera looking at CNN.com) and it automatically closed some of the other apps to accommodate the new app.

The only thing I've done is the memory/performance tweak, by codyppc, obtained somewhere here. Thanks Cody.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

ebayking90 is a n00b
Re: Imagio Memory Use Observations

I would never run that many apps at the same time, just cause this phone is not a computer and I wouldn't need to do that. But, I am not 100% impressed with the way this phone handles its memory. I boot at 49% and then it slowly creeps up to over 50%. Kind of annoying, but this phone is new and we will eventually figure out how to master it.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I too am impressed with the memory use and battery life. On my drive today I listened to music, using the music tab and my Bluetooth A2DP headset with stereo audio enabled, was running TrackMe with live tracking on uploading to my website every 30 seconds, display on the entire time on auto brightness. I even talked to my wife for 10 minutes and checked in with my daughter for 5.

2.5 hours listening and uploading, battery at 71% when I got home, 71% memory use which dropped to 48% when I disconnected the Bluetooth and shut down the programs.

Not too shabby if you ask me.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:42 AM
N00b
Carrier: verizon

Nick_Gl is a n00b

you got a link for the performance tweak?
Old 11-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I am not running any performance tweaks. I disabled a few services using Mem Maid, and that is all.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
N00b
Carrier: VZ

chrysalis is a n00b

Where did you get Mem Maid for free? And what services did you turn off? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I pay for my software. When you get it, post back and I will post screenshots.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
HBS
Lurker

HBS is a n00b

I got the MemMaid, but it is still running at 62%. Could you post the instructions on how to reduce the memory use? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This phones memory is phenominal.. coming from a smart hone especially if any of you had the VZW TP1(Raphael) try this post there are plenty of things to help tweak and about memory.. the SSK cab is great it will keep the memory low.. make sure you download that cab for sure its in the 1st post in the link.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702 Also make sure you're fully closing the programs because the default is hold "x" to close sometimes you might just hit it once not realising the program is still running.. FYI you can change this by going to Settings/All Settings/Personal/Buttons and change the X key to close program by hitting it once..

Old 11-14-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannowicki View Post
This phones memory is phenominal.. coming from a smart hone especially if any of you had the VZW TP1(Raphael) try this post there are plenty of things to help tweak and about memory.. the SSK cab is great it will keep the memory low.. make sure you download that cab for sure its in the 1st post in the link.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702 Also make sure you're fully closing the programs because the default is hold "x" to close sometimes you might just hit it once not realising the program is still running.. FYI you can change this by going to Settings/All Settings/Personal/Buttons and change the X key to close program by hitting it once..

HTC should have never put the task manager on the home screen because it makes everybody, including me, crazy. But the imagio actually handles it well if we just don't mess with it. I think because my diamond is running the leo's sense ui and it is still sitting right now at 32% usage running the same exact programs of course custom rom.

Last edited by fordnfishin; 11-14-2009 at 11:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio