PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   anyone using Phonealarm? Some problems. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96514)

mlevin77 11-14-2009 06:28 AM

anyone using Phonealarm? Some problems.

I want to use the PhoneAlarm app to switch "profiles" (with BlueTooth on/off and lots more) at various times/places. I installed it but am having some problems so I wonder if anyone knows about the following:

1) PAHost - the small interface on the screen seems to be active (in the sense of accepting finger clicks) even when the phone is locked!

2) it seems to have messed up my task-ending/switching button (the one at the upper-right corner of the screen). How do I get it back?

thanks,

Mike

bjhotch 11-17-2009 05:49 PM

Re: anyone using Phonealarm? Some problems.

I'm running the latest PALite and have no problems whatsoever. I do miss easy manual switching of my profiles (since I'm running TF3D, I can't run the Today plug-in). I've resorted to having it switch to nighttime during calendar appts. and I just create an appt. when I want the e-mail alerts to be silent. Other than that, it seems to work just fine, with no adverse affects.

I also use PhotoContacts pro to manage my ringtones on a schedule. It also does BT on/off, but I do not believe it supports "location", only time of day profiles.

Brian

penguin 11-19-2009 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhotch (Post 1338023)
I do miss easy manual switching of my profiles (since I'm running TF3D, I can't run the Today plug-in).
Brian

You can create a shortcut link to the phoneAlarm profile popup and then add that to TF3D Programs panel.

Create a shortcut to "paWakeup.exe -pm"

Or if you use paHost and have the icon on the title-bar, gesture down on icon to just show the profile menu

cheers
Penguin

bjhotch 11-19-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin (Post 1342991)
Or if you use paHost and have the icon on the title-bar, gesture down on icon to just show the profile menu

I must be missing something..... I run paHost, but I don't have anything extra in the titlebar. Is that an option that I need to turn on somewhere???

Brian

bjhotch 11-19-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin (Post 1342991)
You can create a shortcut link to the phoneAlarm profile popup and then add that to TF3D Programs panel.

Create a shortcut to "paWakeup.exe -pm"

Tried this, and it doesn't do anything for me but take me back to the home screen.

Brian

penguin 11-23-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjhotch (Post 1345197)
I must be missing something..... I run paHost, but I don't have anything extra in the titlebar. Is that an option that I need to turn on somewhere???

Brian

When phoneAlarm is removed from the Today Screen then an extra tab "Host" is shown with Host settings including position of icon on the title bar

mlevin77 11-23-2009 12:10 PM

I've got a different problem now: paHost doesn't run itself on reboot, even though it's set to. I have to run it manually, to have it appear as an icon on the title bar. Any ideas?

Mike

Veritech_910 11-23-2009 05:36 PM

I had that same issue. I just created a shortcut to it in the \Windows\StartUp folder and it runs just fine now

bjhotch 11-23-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin (Post 1354218)
When phoneAlarm is removed from the Today Screen then an extra tab "Host" is shown with Host settings including position of icon on the title bar

Cool, thanks! (shown above) I hadn't paid any attention to that tab!

Brian