PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

ddrum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TCPMP Version for Imagio

Ok to start out, I have done a decent amount of searching for this so hopefully I won't get slammed for asking this question.......

What version of TCPMP have people had success with on the Imagio? I am looking for a free player which can play flash files as well as all of the other formats TCPMP can play currently.

From my searches, I have read that the version (TCPMP-0.72RC1) I had for my xv6800 does not work on the Imagio.

Also the only other version (TCPMP Tech1 Enhanced) I could find does not seem to do all that well. It gives quite a few errors saying it is missing data.

I installed from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I missed a link on google that already has this info, I apologize in advance.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Purview is a n00b
Re: TCPMP Version for Imagio

ddrum
The version I use is TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03. I downloaded from http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1211902452. When you launch it for the first time, change the video setting to GDI. Works well for me.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: TCPMP Version for Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrum View Post
Ok to start out, I have done a decent amount of searching for this so hopefully I won't get slammed for asking this question.......

What version of TCPMP have people had success with on the Imagio? I am looking for a free player which can play flash files as well as all of the other formats TCPMP can play currently.

From my searches, I have read that the version (TCPMP-0.72RC1) I had for my xv6800 does not work on the Imagio.

Also the only other version (TCPMP Tech1 Enhanced) I could find does not seem to do all that well. It gives quite a few errors saying it is missing data.

I installed from here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I missed a link on google that already has this info, I apologize in advance.
Hey you know what there are some assess on here that have google searches built into their heads that come back at some people. Here's the truth, you can always find what you're looking for if you invest the time. However, if you are always working like me or you don't have the patients, I say within reason just post it, if people don't like it don't take it personal. TCPMP was not the easiest thing to find, don't worry about it.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

allanc is a n00b
Re: TCPMP Version for Imagio

Thanks for the link. That worked like a charm, so now I have a working version of TCPMP on my Imagio as well. Just one question though -- I'm having trouble using one feature of TCPMP which I've always used before.

I'd like to know if anybody else has noticed this problem.
TCPMP has an option under 'hotkeys' to "capture all keys (like games)".

I have always relied on this option to allow me to use the 'hangup' button to skip to the next song. I combine this with an external headset with a 'hangup' button built-in, so I can skip songs from the headset.

I tried this on the Imagio, and found that 'hangup' does not get captured by TCPMP, but instead gets captured by WM. Now if I'm unlucky, I'll find that this is actually not a commonly used feature, and folks don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm hoping however, that other people have encountered this problem as well and someone might have a fix.

Problem summary: The "Capture all keys (like games)" option under TCPMP's hotkeys settings, does not actually capture all keys.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Tags
imagio, tcpmp, verizon