PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 09:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

dandil is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Calendar snooze

On my old Touch Pro WM 6.1, I could snooze reminders with options for minutes, hours or one day, and I would receive another reminder. On my new Imagion WM 6.5 when I receive a reminder I have no options for snooze...just one snooze for 5 minutes or dismiss the reminder and I won't get another one. Are the snooze options gone with WM 6.5? Or is it possible to bring them back somewhere?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work
Re: Calendar snooze

I asked the same question a month ago. The reason is because we are using the HTC calander (not the WM one).

anyway's AZNmode helped me out withe this cab. It works perfect and does what we want.
Attached Files
File Type: cab topaz notification manager.cab (3.41 MB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
I asked the same question a month ago. The reason is because we are using the HTC calander (not the WM one).

anyway's AZNmode helped me out withe this cab. It works perfect and does what we want.
is there a link to a screenshot of what this cab does?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
is there a link to a screenshot of what this cab does?

here you go. It's for the Topaz but works great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4706677
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Revampd is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Revampd

I tried this and it does give the snooze options... but it also changes the notification manager to WM. I liked the other better. Is it possible to have the first change and not the other?
Old 01-13-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
I tried this and it does give the snooze options... but it also changes the notification manager to WM. I liked the other better. Is it possible to have the first change and not the other?
I know. thats the only bad part. I looked pretty good to find something on this. but this fix was to only one I luckily found. Good luck but i think we have to live with this style. The probelm is the HTC calender. The WM Cal has a good notification system but the HTC has better looks.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for the reply. This is my first ever smart phone (ppc?) and I'm very much enjoying playing with it. I'm getting bolder with it over time. These forums have been great and I agree with you... the Imagio is the best phone I've ever owned too. I had an Omnia II for three weeks and returned it for this one and never looked back.

I'm sticking with the HTC notifier for now but I'm sure I'll miss the snooze options.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Same here.Not my first PPC but my first good one that wirked right. couldn't do it without these guys. And yes, the Imagio does rule. I buy new phones every 6 months because I can't stand mine. Now, i don't ever want to get rid of this Imagio. I love it.

the snooze thing isn't that bad. It's better than having none(like stock). I used it a few times and realized that the few options they give us were enough.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'll have to learn how to use the reminder screen. The biggest problem as I see it is that there is just not enough information out here about using the phone. I'm talking about bottom line stuff. For instance, what part of the screen is a "curtain"... things like that. The online user manual is a good start but it doesn't seem to go far enough. I'm a techie and I like to know everything about a subject. Hard to do these days. It would be nice if there was a "complete beginners" tutorial somewhere.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
I'll have to learn how to use the reminder screen. The biggest problem as I see it is that there is just not enough information out here about using the phone. I'm talking about bottom line stuff. For instance, what part of the screen is a "curtain"... things like that. The online user manual is a good start but it doesn't seem to go far enough. I'm a techie and I like to know everything about a subject. Hard to do these days. It would be nice if there was a "complete beginners" tutorial somewhere.

You are exactly like me. I was the exact same way. I hate to say it but there's no easy way. You have to read and read and read a million posts. Most of them put pictures in but if not, you have to read them all and then figure it out. At first I was afraid but not now. Usually the entire thread will have a question and answer that you wanted to know about. Everything I have done has worked. You have to get a "back-up" program first. If something you do ruins the phone, the backup will bring it back to where you were. Or a hard reset may be needed. than you have to start from scratch. Some things these guys do are tricky, but after you read for a while they get easier. Plus these guys answer all our questions. I thought they would hate someone like me but they never make fun of or ignore us.

If you see a "CAB" file, than it's easy. Just like on your computer, you install it, run it, restart the phone and the change is done. Nothing else to do usually(sometime you need to do a reg edit also but not alot).

P.S. a "cutain" is the colored(usually grey) background. Like behind your bottom taskbar icons there is a colored box behind them. People get rid of their curtains so they can see more of their wallpaper. Clean. I like the curtains. And on your weather tab their is a curtain. I forgot exactly where they all are because i just installed a taskbar that got rid of them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio