PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Website/Company that actually has FULLY working games for Imagio like iPhone has !? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95810)

brodie 11-10-2009 03:48 PM

Website/Company that actually has FULLY working games for Imagio like iPhone has !?

If you look up games for the iPhone on youtube for example, you can find tons of sweet games that have on screen buttons since the iPhone has no programmable hardware keys or d-pad.

Checkout this link to see what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxwvkv3fRg check 1m30s!

Isn't any company making games such as this with on screen buttons / d-pad to combat the ever increasing issue of phones without physical keyboards, multiple hardware keys and d-pads?? Most physical d-pads are only 6-way not 8 and can't do diagonal anyways. An on screen d-pad could do everything.

Also, I have yet to find a site where you can search for games that have on screen buttons, or a site that accurately filters games for a phone such as the Imagio that are FULLY working (ie: pocketgear, handango)

bigboy292000 11-10-2009 11:51 PM

Re: Website/Company that actually has FULLY working games for Imagio like iPhone has

Microsoft's Windows Mobile Marketplace? It is under your Programs ("Marketplace"). Install it and look.

It is my understanding that Marketplace identifies the software that is compatible with your device and that is why the # of apps that people see on different phones differs...

I just checked from my wife's Imagio and it shows 141 games...

Shemmy 11-11-2009 07:54 AM

Re: Website/Company that actually has FULLY working games for Imagio like iPhone has

The fact that the Imagio doesn't support multi-touch may also affect the usability of on-screen controls.

y0himba 11-11-2009 11:17 AM

Also, just because they are on the marketplace doesn't mean they are playable on the Imagio which doesn't have a keyboard or DPad. Marketplace is for WinMo in general, not Imagio specific.

brodie 11-11-2009 09:21 PM

Ah, didn't think of those things. We can't zoom with our fingertips like the pre or iphone.

I will check out the marketplace to see what 141 games they are talking about. Thanks.

Teeter is the pwnage though, especially since there are level creators out there :)

bigboy292000 11-11-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y0himba (Post 1319048)
Also, just because they are on the marketplace doesn't mean they are playable on the Imagio which doesn't have a keyboard or DPad. Marketplace is for WinMo in general, not Imagio specific.

That is actually not necessarily entirely correct. :)

Apple has it easy. One device. On hardware spec. No questions.

Winmo is obviously different in this specific regard.

So - to address that, developers are able to "tag" their software with hardware requirements in Marketplace. In other words - if a dev has tagged the app with being only QVGA compatible - then it will not show up for Imagio, bit it will show for my Vogue. That is because the Marketplace tries to identify the hardware that you are running.

Case in point:

Imagio shows 141 games.

Vogue shows 104. I just looked.

I am not saying that this is foolproof and that it will work 100% of time. But I am saying that if devs have done due dilligence, and Marketplace is able to correctly identify your device - you should not have a bad experience.

Mrcy2u 11-11-2009 11:36 PM

Brodie.. what part of the country do you hail from..

brodie 11-12-2009 07:47 AM

I'm in Minnesota, and you?