PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Email help. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95757)

amaeloeze 11-10-2009 11:58 AM

Email help.

so i finally found out why my phone was going slow it was because my phone was syncing all my mails and that was taking the storage memory. Any who i used to have my mails synced so that my phone downloaded my mails every 5 mins, but now i changed it to where it will only update my mail when i tell it to update. The problem is that i dont know how to update my mail? can someone tell me how to update my mail?

fwaits 11-10-2009 12:26 PM

Re: Email help.

Go to the Inbox of the account then hit Menu -> Send/Receive.

tonytec 01-06-2010 02:10 AM

Some one please help when I first bought my imagio and setup the email on TF3D it downloaded emails for a day and then never updated them, so I deleted my gmail account on TF3D, now when ever I setup the same gmail account and click the send and receive option I get an error saying synchronizing error and I get a pop up with the error "can not connect with current connection settings", how do if fix this?

I have a unlimited cricket connection and google maps, opera, internet explorer work just fine.

christjosh 01-06-2010 02:21 AM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

When you set up the account did it automatically detect the server settings or did you have to manually configure them? If you manually configured them, verify that you have the correct server settings.

tonytec 01-06-2010 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christjosh (Post 1464318)
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

When you set up the account did it automatically detect the server settings or did you have to manually configure them? If you manually configured them, verify that you have the correct server settings.

only thing I put was my email adderss and password. please help me to setup my email account step by step, also I deleted the other connections and now im getting a error message

"Network Log On
Resource: cricket_wap
User name: cricket_wap
Password:
Domain:

Even though im useing opera right now to post this online with the same connection settings...

"Okay so this morning I go to the library and turn on the wifi to test out the youtube app,and when I turned it off, I saw I had 8 new emails, So I'm thinking only the connection settings need to be fix in order to recive email notifications."

fwaits 01-06-2010 05:28 PM

Try this:

Go to the MEssaging Tab and click Menu, select Accounts, then Accounts...
Choose the Email account you're having probs with.
Select Menu > Tools > Options (May have to scroll the list to see these)
Select the Email account and hit Next 2 times then Menu > Advanced. You should see an option that says Connection: with a drop-down menu. This should say Internet usually. If you have a custom connection in here, that could be your problem.