PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900, SCH-i760, BB8130, and Palm Centro,
Carrier: Verizon

manofhonor24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: imagio is pissing me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaeloeze View Post
what the heck is send and receive in my email tab...it's slowing down my phone! guys a love the imagio so much but it's like everyday there's a new problem with this phone. I'm really trying to like it but it's unreliable. Through out the day my phone has been running really slow and FREEZING! i'm not even able to access my voice mail, and it does this like every day...I'm really trying to like this phone but it's not reliable at all.

Most of the stuff you are experiencing is user error, not to impune your skills, and can be easily corrected. There is not a phone on the planet that works the way we want it to directly out of the box without customization. The #1 thing about any smartphones is the number of running applications that are running in the background. You must make sure you limit this. I would recommend the program Clean RAM. it is free and it does the trick quite well.

Even though you can get email on the device, make sure that your attachments are being process on your memory card. IF you don't have one go purchase one, immediately. Moving the attachments to the memory card leaves more memory available for the tasks that you want to do in the first place.

The third things is whatever content you have on the phone make sure that it is being processed on the memory card. If you install an application, make sure it is saved and being run from the memory card. The only exception is software drivers, and codecs, that require installation on the device because of the services it starts at time of boot up.

Clear your browser cache. This is one of the most overlooked things and it will eat up to 8mb of ram if you don't. You don't have to do it frequently, maybe 2 or 3 times a month.

Once you start doing these things (basic smartphone operation, no matter if it is blackberry, android, or palm) your user experience will be a LOT better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio