PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio replacement (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95411)

digi 11-08-2009 05:30 PM

Imagio replacement

I'm getting my imagio replaced due to a physical defect, and was offered either another imagio or a touch pro 2. I was wondering what you guys think you would do? I wanted the tp2 originally, but got the Imagio because the tp2 was out of of stock. I have kinda grown attached to the imagio, and honestly if it weren't for the tp2 being unlocked already, it wouldn't even be a discussion. I thought I could be patient and wait for the spl, but its getting harder by the day.

Anyways, what do you guys think? anybody feeling my pain?

lafester 11-08-2009 05:39 PM

Re: Imagio replacement

maybe use the tp2 for a few weeks and decide.
then you get to play with the unlocker as well.

digi 11-08-2009 06:08 PM

I wish i could, but I only have a few days left in my no worry guarantee. I went to every Verizon and Sprint store in town today, just to see if I could hold one to see If I liked it, nobody has them, Not even the best buy. I'm having a hard time judging the size, I don't want to get it and not like it for being too thick. I also want to feel the slider, imagio has spoiled me with no moving parts which gives it that nice tight feel.

brodie 11-08-2009 06:56 PM

I had the TP2 and exchanged it for the Imagio. I prefer the Imagio because I never used the huge physical keyboard and therefore it's much slimmer. I was never fond of onscreen keyboards until I tried it on the TP2 and loved it. The other thing I loved about the TP2 is the screen tilted for tv, movies, etc. It's funny because I was saying months and months ago before even realizing the Imagio was coming out that someone needed to make a phone that can stand at an angle. Now I have the best of both worlds.

The TP2 is huge and bulky and unless you are in love with the physical keyboard, which itself is too massive and hard for me to type fast, I'd get the Imagio in my opinion. I think that's what it really boils down to, is the physical keyboard vs the slimmer form factor.

In the future I don't think I will ever get a phone with a physical keyboard, even though I used to make that a must ever since my first ppc.

briannowicki 11-08-2009 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digi (Post 1309873)
I'm getting my imagio replaced due to a physical defect, and was offered either another imagio or a touch pro 2. I was wondering what you guys think you would do? I wanted the tp2 originally, but got the Imagio because the tp2 was out of of stock. I have kinda grown attached to the imagio, and honestly if it weren't for the tp2 being unlocked already, it wouldn't even be a discussion. I thought I could be patient and wait for the spl, but its getting harder by the day.

Anyways, what do you guys think? anybody feeling my pain?

If you read numerous reviews on this site as well as xda and other there are a lot of people complaining about the weight of the phone as well as the thickness, I recently upgraded from the TP1(Raphael) so i was used to the physical keyboard but using the imagio now I wouldnt change it for anything, this phone has great battery life and memory which I've read the TP2 does not, honestly imo stick with the imagio I think you're going to enjoy it alot more with some of its little extras like the 5mp camera that looks like ur actually there in the picture, beautiful phone.. in the end though get what you want because youre the one who will be using it. im just putting in my opinion because i was also tied between imagio/tp2:argue: ... until i looked at about 4 hours worth of reviews for both phones. hope this helped :-o

t0adman 11-09-2009 01:49 PM

I came from Crackberries and had the TP2 for a couple weeks. I ended up taking it back because it was heavy and I never used the slide out keyboard. If I'm not mistaken, the Imagio has a slightly faster hardware config too. I'm sticking with my Imagio for sure.

rolandroland 11-09-2009 02:47 PM

I also traded my TP2 in for an Imagio. Unless you absolutely need the keyboard there is no reason to have one over an Imagio IMO.

digi 11-11-2009 05:28 PM

Thank you all for your replies, after reading them you convinced me to keep the Imagio, however....

Yesterday I spoke to cmonex in IRC about HSPL for the whitestone, and although she did confirm that it was coming, she told me that she had not really started on it. I just don't think I can wait that much longer, so today I ordered a TP2.

By all means, I loved the Imagio, but waiting for the HSPL, plus the problem I had with the housing cracking on the edge of the screen, just pushed me over the edge to the touch pro.

Heres what Cmonex said.

digi`laptop: I hate to bother you with a pm, but I was wondering if I could get an update on the Whitestone hspl? I'm not asking for a release date or anything like that, just some loose idea of how its going
15,13 08:42 cmonex: no update yet, didnt get to starting on it much yet. i got the needed dumps from someone's device though
15,13 08:50 cmonex: I'll have time for it soon, so no worries! :)
15,13 08:51 digi`laptop: oh yeah, please dont think i was trying to rush you or anything, i totally appreciate what you do
15,13 08:51 digi`laptop: I'll admit, I have been getting anxious for it, but I'll live :P
15,13 08:52 cmonex: no worries:)
15,13 08:52 digi`laptop: thank you <3

lafester 11-11-2009 09:16 PM

thanks for the update.
i think once she digs in it won't take her long to get it done.
perhaps we need to get everyone donating to get her motivated.

HTCexy 11-19-2009 12:47 PM

Here is how you get the best of both worlds...Do what I did and get the Imagio and make your girlfriend get the TP2...I have never been happier:mrgreen: