PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

amaeloeze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mail problem

For some weird reason my phone just downloaded every single mail i have on my yahoo account which is about 1750 mails, during this process my phone was running very slow and i couldn't stop the process from happening. Has this ever happened to anyone before and if so its there a way to stop it?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work
Re: Mail problem

I can't say I've run into this issue as I'm using Exchange, but you might want to check your settings. By default, it only downloads the last 3 days of e-mails, but I'm pretty sure that there's a setting for downloading everything. If you go to the e-mail app in the TF3D interface, click Menu, Accounts, Accounts. Then select your Yahoo account and hit Menu, Options. Select the Yahoo account again, go through the setup, and when you hit the "what to sync" screen, select email and settings. That's where it's at on Exchange, so I don't know if it applies, but hopefully this helps.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:31 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

day0911 is a n00b

I am having the same issue with my yahoo account. No matter what setting I choose for the amount of emails to download (last 1, 3 , or 5 days), it will start downloading my entire inbox to my device.

After it finishes downloading all my emails (about 5000 emails or over 40 megs of device storage space), my device is pretty slow and the tmail.exe process crashes a lot. Eventually the device is unusable, as I think the tmail.exe process takes up all the CPU time (can't really tell as the display locks up and can't get to the task manager using SKtools).

The only way I am able to use the phone is by doing a hard reset or deleting the entire email account and recreating it. Of course the problem happens again anywhere within a few hours to a couple of days. I took it to the Verizon store and was given a new device, but the problem still happens. They had nothing in their KB so they created an issue ticket for it.

If anyone had any ideas it would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

I wonder, I might have been having this problem, but I couldn't get into the account to see if this was exactly it or not. However, I did notice my device suddenly just become virtually locked up and even after soft resetting it would not respond after getting to TouchFLO. I finally figured out that the messaging app was not fully initializing so I was finally able to get the device usable again by getting into the Settings and Today options and disabling TouchFLO then restarting. Once I did that I could at least move around the system, but the Messaging app would still hang if I went to it. So I removed my Yahoo mail account and it took quite a while, which seemed odd since I only keep a week in there. After that I restarted the phone again and enabled TouchFLO and it acted normal again. So it does appear that may have been what happened to mine as well. Not sure why. I never had a problem with my Yahoo mail account on my 6900 (Vogue). Not sure if it's an Imagio issue or Yahoo recently for some reason. Hmm...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio