PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   inbox keeps deleting messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95274)

gt668 11-07-2009 06:51 PM

inbox keeps deleting messages

I'm using the default mail service, I guess windows?does anyone know how to keep messages in inbox? I think I have it set to
keep them but everytime I close out I lose them. Is there a better email to use?

Adrianh85 11-07-2009 07:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

start by seeing if save sent messages is selected

gt668 11-07-2009 11:08 PM

Re: inbox keeps deleting messages

yes that is on

briannowicki 11-08-2009 11:59 PM

What email account do you use is it a corp. email? and do you have your email sync'd? IF your problem is trying to keep emails in it after (default 3 days) then go to your inbox follow these steps.--Menu,Tools,Manage Folders,(Hold down on inbox for pop-up menu),Folder Options, Then you can adjust the days to keep messages in inbox see if that works for you, leme know so i can help you figure this beast out! :lurk:

gt668 11-09-2009 06:20 PM

thanks for replying, it's not corporate email and I don't have it synced.
They disappear after I close the windows inbox but not if I just look at them in touchflo.

briannowicki 11-09-2009 11:51 PM

Try this, you phone for some odd reason might be switching account when you open it via menu make sure in the upper left under the inbox drop down tab that Hotmail/gmail or whatever you're using is open meaning there is a - by the name not a + and that inbox for that account is selected, give that a shot and tell me if anything happens we'll figure this out 8)

gt668 11-12-2009 12:55 PM

it stays in the same account, text messages stay but email disappears

CodysGrammy 11-12-2009 02:31 PM

A possible reason for this. I read somewhere for some mail servers once a message is read from any source the message is marked as read and is not reported to the client that has already downloaded the message. What my understanding is for Windows Mobile if it doesn't receive a report that the message is on the server when it checks for email then the email client on the phone will delete it from the inbox on the device. The only thing I can tell you is if you want to save a message create a folder for it on the phone and save the message in there outside of the inbox. I don't think you can force Windows Mobile to keep the message in the inbox. Now this is what I think it is. I could be wrong but it does make sense because this is the same thing that has happened to me with all Windows Mobile phones that I have had where I will have email in my inbox then the next time I check the server the emails that were there will be replaced by new ones at my isp. They are still on the server though because I can see the message if I check it from my home computer. Just a thought.

briannowicki 11-12-2009 03:26 PM

what email account is it? and are you opening via TF3D messaging or TF3D email?

gt668 11-12-2009 04:04 PM

I think codysgrammy is correct that makes sense of exactly what is happening , if I don't open it it remains in the inbox