PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wallpaper in all tabs question???

Somebody needs to all the needed files in one cab and that would eliminate all the confusion.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes, I second that. Can someone please build a cab to help out all the Imagio people. I have had to hard reboot my little guy trying to get the wallpaper to work. I dont want to test again until I find one that completely works.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

None of the cabs in the links that briannowicki posted will work. They are for Manila version 2.1 on the Touch Pro 2, as stated in the threads. The Imagio comes stock with 2.0.3xxx...

I see you used the logo remover to keep it from being superimposed, and that your wallpaper is stretched, magnified, and off center in landscape mode as posted above.

We are going to need to wait until a solution is created for our Imagios, that is 100% working. I am just about ready to pay for one.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

Maybe we can merge http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95104 with this thread?

None of the cabs in the links that briannowicki posted will work. They are for Manila version 2.1 on the Touch Pro 2, as stated in the threads. The Imagio comes stock with 2.0.3xxx...

I see you used the logo remover to keep it from being superimposed, and that your wallpaper is stretched, magnified, and off center in landscape mode as posted above.

We are going to need to wait until a solution is created for our Imagios, that is 100% working. I am just about ready to pay for one.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
Maybe we can merge http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95104 with this thread?

They do work considering i have the pictures to show it. Without having the phone unlocked and developers working on manila replacements im showing a method of BG4ALL that works and looks good. YES landscape might be skewed considering almost all other BG4ALL cabs dont even work... If you honestly have a better way of doing it please show me i'd be delighted to see.. otherwise please keep the rude comments out of forums because instead of asking for a BG4ALL.cab like you are im actually creating a temporary working and better solution for now till open developement starts and one thats better can be found.

And anyone who wants to fix the logo mess-up
Download the cab here its the 2nd post link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83334
Its called remove sprint tp2 logo that will fix the wierd verizon logo stretch that happenes with the background.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

This solution is working for me:

1. Download HDWall_ver27b.zip from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=503511.

2. Unzip the file on your computer - not your phone. This will create a folder titled 'HDWallS'. NOTE: DO NOT install HDWallS on your phone - you do not need this.

3. Start the HDWall.exe program on your computer.

4. Click on 'Config' and for 'Profile' select 'TouchFLO v2.0 - No Compression - All Tabs' (If you want transparent task and menu bars then select 'WM 6.5 - TouchFLO v2.1 - No Compression - All Tabs') then click OK.

5. Click on 'Load', select a picture that you want for your background. This will open up a second window. Click on 'Auto Crop & Resize (source AR)'. This will select the middle of your picture and show you (in the first window) what your background will look like.

6. Deselct 'Display TouchFlo Interface' in the bottom left of window 2. I'm not sure this is necessary but I did this. Click on 'Apply' then 'Close'. A window will pop up asking if you want your output directory to be the same as the location where your picture came from, click yes or no depending on what you want.

6a. Your can repeat 5 & 6 by selecting 'Landscape' if you want a landscape background (I did not do this so I can't say if it worked).

7. Click on 'Create cab'. A new window will open. Under 'Application Title' in the top left replace 'HD Wallpaper' with some other appropriate title. What you type in here will appear on your phone under 'Remove Programs' so make it unique to each wallpaper you create.

8. Select 'Include Portrait Wallpaper' (and 'Include Landscape Wallpaper' if necessay).

9. Click on 'Convert'. The program will then convert your picture to the appropriate files. This can take some time so be paitent. When the popup window says 'All Done' click on 'Close'.

10. Click on 'Create CAB'. When the CAB file is created you can close this window. Please note: The CAB file created will be called 'MyWallpaper.cab' regardless of what title you inserted under 'Application Title'. I haven't tried changing the cab file name yet but I would think the actual name shouldn't matter.

**Update** The name of the cab does not matter. I've changed the name in file explorer and it still works.

11. Place the created CAB file on your phone and run it. This will change the background on all your pages except the home page. To change the background on the home page do the following:

12. Select default background for your homepage under settings.

13. Using a registry editor (I use CeRegEditor, it's free) connect your phone to your computer and open its registry. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- software -- HTC -- Manila. Look for the HomeBackgroundPath key and change its value to '0'. Save your changes and soft reset your phone.

Please note that the above procedure does not alter the slider or curtain, it only changes the background. If you want to change the background again you will need to remove the previous background with Remove Programs (hence using the unique name under Application Title) and install a new cab.

Hope this helps everyone until a better solution is devised.

Last edited by braindoc; 11-16-2009 at 03:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannowicki View Post
They do work considering i have the pictures to show it. YES landscape might be skewed considering almost all other BG4ALL cabs dont even work... otherwise please keep the rude comments out of forums because instead of asking for a BG4ALL.cab like you are im actually creating a temporary working and better solution for now till open developement starts and one thats better can be found.

And anyone who wants to fix the logo mess-up
Download the cab here its the 2nd post link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83334
Its called remove sprint tp2 logo that will fix the wierd verizon logo stretch that happenes with the background.
As stated above, your "workaround" is not 100% working. If you read my post, I stated that the landscape mode is stretched and off center "Skewed" as you put it, and that you used a cab to remove the logo. I was in no way rude or insulting, I merely stated facts, and the fact that the cabs you are pointing folks to did not work 100%.

If you feel that was rude, that is your issue, not mine, that was not my intent, and I will not discuss that any further. It is pointless to argue like schoolchildren on the Internet.

Again, the workaround you posted does not work 100%, and I will wait for a 100% method/workaround/cab. Remember folks, don't just blindly install a cab or overwrite files, BACK UP your files first.

I am trying braindoc's method right now and will post back with results.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

SPB Backup has saved my butt more than a couple times already! Very worthwhile.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
As stated above, your "workaround" is not 100% working. If you read my post, I stated that the landscape mode is stretched and off center "Skewed" as you put it, and that you used a cab to remove the logo. I was in no way rude or insulting, I merely stated facts, and the fact that the cabs you are pointing folks to did not work 100%.

If you feel that was rude, that is your issue, not mine, that was not my intent, and I will not discuss that any further. It is pointless to argue like schoolchildren on the Internet.

Again, the workaround you posted does not work 100%, and I will wait for a 100% method/workaround/cab. Remember folks, don't just blindly install a cab or overwrite files, BACK UP your files first.

I am trying braindoc's method right now and will post back with results.
I was mearly stating a fact not argueing. Btw Braindocs post of HDWalls in in numerous posts in this thread and others.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

which is better spb backup or sktools backup

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio