PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wallpaper in all tabs question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannowicki View Post
Since my updated post i've had 5 people that have tried the links and used them work now properly my screenshots are a few pages back to see the ultimate outcome.
I can also confirm that it works as long you don't mind the bottom of the clock background and the temp not lining up, not too bad of a problem though. the logo doesn't work but I just made it all transparent to fix that. I am actually playing with the mode9editor to see what I can learn about moding the files to work out all of the kinks for bkgrnd4alltabs once and for all.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba
Thumbs up Re: Wallpaper in all tabs question???

I can confirm braindoc's method works perfectly. It is a great workaround until we get a 100% cab that allows us to change whatever wallpaper we want without creating new cabs and uninstalling them.

His method is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=36

Thanks braindoc, this is wonderful!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

You're welcome, but I don't take any credit. All the hard work was done by others over at xda. I just figured that there were people like me out there who need explicit step-by-step instructions to get things to work. And, because I can't seem to copy the manila files to my windows directory (don't have the proper permission?!?) this method was my only option.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
You're welcome, but I don't take any credit. All the hard work was done by others over at xda. I just figured that there were people like me out there who need explicit step-by-step instructions to get things to work. And, because I can't seem to copy the manila files to my windows directory (don't have the proper permission?!?) this method was my only option.
Try using Total commander, usually it'll work without saying no permission.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon wireless

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
I can also confirm that it works as long you don't mind the bottom of the clock background and the temp not lining up, not too bad of a problem though. the logo doesn't work but I just made it all transparent to fix that. I am actually playing with the mode9editor to see what I can learn about moding the files to work out all of the kinks for bkgrnd4alltabs once and for all.

are you talking about the verizon wireless logos on the top that you want to get rid of?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Try using Total commander, usually it'll work without saying no permission.
I did download and try this program, both on my PC and on my Imagio but I still got the same error message about needing permission. When you are copying the manila files to the Imagio are you doing so using an active sync connection from your PC or do you copy them to your phone (in a separate location like My Documents) and then copy/paste them into the windows directory?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I did download and try this program, both on my PC and on my Imagio but I still got the same error message about needing permission. When you are copying the manila files to the Imagio are you doing so using an active sync connection from your PC or do you copy them to your phone (in a separate location like My Documents) and then copy/paste them into the windows directory?
Ah, i bet youre trying to copy them straight from PC to windows folder.. that wont work.. gonna have to dl to storage or some random folder anywhere as long as you remember where, then you use TCM to move them from the folder to /Windows.. shouldnt have a permission problem.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Ah, i bet youre trying to copy them straight from PC to windows folder.. that wont work.. gonna have to dl to storage or some random folder anywhere as long as you remember where, then you use TCM to move them from the folder to /Windows.. shouldnt have a permission problem.
Yep, that's what I was trying to do. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yep, that's what I was trying to do. Thanks for the help.
anytime hit that thank button if it helped!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio

jlh11364 is becoming a great contributor

Brain Docs method works great. I love it. It seems to negate some other methods of making the curtains transparent. I love it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio