PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Breadbutcher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New to HTC and Winmo

Hey everyone.

So as the title says I'm totally new to any HTC handset and Winmo. Needles to say I love how responsive it is and I do believe it is truly a great phone. That being said, the learning curve has got me wanting to trade it in for the HTC Eris or the Moto Droid. I can't even figure out how to do something as simple as putting the music from my computer on to my phone. So I guess my question is, is there a centralized knowledgebase somewhere where I can get the information I need in order to be a pro at customizing my imagio? I tried the user manual and that really didn't help. Also, reading websites like this and XDA doesn't really help when I have no idea what you smart people are talking about. So, please help a newbie out!

Specific Questions

1) How do I get music from my desktop WMPto my phone?
2) Can I set a seperate wallpaper for my lock screen? Can I get my lock screen to display the home screen wallpaper? How can I get my Wallpaper to show on all screens?
3) Is there an end all be all instruction manual out there somewhere for this device?
4) How can I get Pandora to stream?
5) Can you explain how to get flash for opera or a browser that has flash in it?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am coming over from a blackberry and this phone is blowing my mind how complex it is, please use small words, lol.

Last edited by Breadbutcher; 11-06-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
dbu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbu is keeping up the good workdbu is keeping up the good work
Re: New to HTC and Winmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadbutcher View Post
Hey everyone.

So as the title says I'm totally new to any HTC handset and Winmo. Needles to say I love how responsive it is and I do believe it is truly a great phone. That being said, the learning curve has got me wanting to trade it in for the HTC Eris or the Moto Droid. I can't even figure out how to do something as simple as putting the music from my computer on to my phone. So I guess my question is, is there a centralized knowledgebase somewhere where I can get the information I need in order to be a pro at customizing my imagio? I tried the user manual and that really didn't help. Also, reading websites like this and XDA doesn't really help when I have no idea what you smart people are talking about. So, please help a newbie out!

Specific Questions

1) How do I get music from my desktop WMPto my phone?
2) Can I set a seperate wallpaper for my lock screen? Can I get my lock screen to display the home screen wallpaper? How can I get my Wallpaper to show on all screens?
3) Is there an end all be all instruction manual out there somewhere for this device?
4) How can I get Pandora to stream?
5) Can you explain how to get flash for opera or a browser that has flash in it?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I am coming over from a blackberry and this phone is blowing my mind how complex it is, please use small words, lol.
1) Install active sync to your computer, it is on one of the cd's that came in the box.
2) Go to settings>all settings>today, down at the bottom you will see a check box that says use this as background, tick the box and then browse for an image you want to use then hit ok.
3) You can find the manual at htc.com
4) Pandora, I have no clue.
5) Currently the only browser that has flash support is Skyfire, but it kind of sucks.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

For a VGA/WVGA compatible Pandora see this post for a cab install.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=534319

Note that is not an official release from Pandora, but rather a modified client of theirs to work better on higher res devices. It's still not perfect, but works pretty well. Some of the items are still a bit small for WVGA screens so using a fingernail or stylus is necessary in those cases, but most often your finger should do the trick.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahearn is a n00b

In addition to the default browser, Opera, which does not support Flash, there is also Internet Explorer (go to Applications>All Applications) which does support Flash, but is not quite as snappy as Opera.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
N00b

JKlu87 is a n00b

Give this phone time Breadbutcher, its really not as complicated as it seems.

As far as media files, its as easy as plugging the phone into your computer and dragging and dropping files onto the phone (hopefully you have a microSD card).

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702

^^ is a little setup guide that was made. Basically, you need Microsoft .net 3.5 installed first (a lot of applications need this). When installing applications, you can save it to your computer, then drag and drop it to your device. On your device, go to file explorer and open the file. It will install the file. Other than that for other tweeks and features, only a few registry edits will be needed and they aren't that hard to follow (you will need to get a registry editor)

Hope this helps
Old 11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

depeched is a n00b

Re music: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94335
Old 11-23-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahearn View Post
In addition to the default browser, Opera, which does not support Flash, there is also Internet Explorer (go to Applications>All Applications) which does support Flash, but is not quite as snappy as Opera.
My Internet Explorer does not play flash sites, is there a setting to change or something?
Old 11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

BreadButcher, I was the exact same way as you. Needing a simple website to mod our phones. But it can't be done that way. We need these kind of people to get the things we need done, done. I also was afraid and thought I would never be able to get it. But after hours of reading and playing it isn't that bad. These guys are great and will answer our stupid questions. Not once have they made fun of me or treated me like a moron. Once you start reading and installing it gets easier and eaiser. Some of the things needed to be done are a little hard for us and don't get explained well(because they know it like the back of their hand) but if you ask they walk you through it. One tip though, you can't ask multiple questions at once. Go one at a time. If you ask too much at once you won't get full details. And just so you know, the Imagio is AWSOME, the best phone out there. I started with a touch pro and this phone is far superior. So don't get frustrated. I was and now i love logging in everyday. Can't wait to flash a new ROM, I never have before and look forward to these guys helping me.

Last edited by wedgemoose; 11-23-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Breadbutcher is a n00b

Thanks for all of the replies folks. I have slowly started to really love this machine. Your right though, once you get over the learning curve, this phone sits at the top of the mountain. I am looking forward to flashing with a custom rom and using the most efficient phone I have ever had. Thanks again guys.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

so how does one butcher bread exactly? It's nice to see that you are enjoying your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio