PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Garmin XT Landscape (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95036)

loudog3114 11-06-2009 01:16 PM

Garmin XT Landscape

FYI, Garmin XT runs awesome on this thing. However, I cant get it to go into landscape mode and theres no setting for it from within the app. I dont want to use any hackapps like change screen... anyone get it landscape yet or no?

makryger 11-06-2009 01:20 PM

Re: Garmin XT Landscape

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudog3114 (Post 1304414)
FYI, Garmin XT runs awesome on this thing. However, I cant get it to go into landscape mode and theres no setting for it from within the app. I dont want to use any hackapps like change screen... anyone get it landscape yet or no?

There is a program called BsB G-config. All it does is sets the Registry to the correct settings for programs you want to be rotateable. Then you can uninstall the program.

Basically, remove the stylus, turn on program, click the button in the program, go into the program you want to rotate, and insert the stylus back into the slot, and you're done!

Shemmy 11-06-2009 01:23 PM

BsB G-Config is one of my must haves also.

Slack3r 11-06-2009 01:24 PM

I was wondering the same thing, but does the app even have landscape support? There's no point to setting the auto rotate if the app doesn't even support it.

makryger 11-06-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slack3r (Post 1304436)
I was wondering the same thing, but does the app even have landscape support? There's no point to setting the auto rotate if the app doesn't even support it.

Yes, I just tried it. It does have landscape support. But only with BsB G Config

digi 11-06-2009 04:24 PM

I use Garmin in landscape, and its beautiful. I use WKTask as my task manager, and have my media button bound to the WK Launcher, on which I have a shortcut to rotate screen. Thats the easiest way to do it for me, plus the shortcut is always there if I need it in other apps. I also have other system shortcuts on the launcher such as Suspend, screen off, connect/disconnect, and they are always just a button press away.

Oh and not to mention, WKtask is the best task manager out there, it has so many functions built into it, It literally can replace like 4 different apps. It is also very light on resources, uses only like 300 kb of ram. Functionality wise, nothing else comes close, from any screen, you can close, minimize, or switch to any other app, you don't have to go back to the today screen. Lastly, it looks great too, shows all your running apps icons on the taskbar similar to your windows PC, Tsowens icons just add to the good looks.

Wow, I really got off topic.

fluidj 11-06-2009 05:50 PM

Yes it does work great. I do have issues with the time it takes to draw maps when you first start it up. Also seems to take a while to load up my map sets. For instance when I search for a destination by address, I have to wait about 2 min for it to recognize/read the various cities available in whatever state im in (MD,VA, or DC). So that has been frustrating. Not sure if it's my memory card or the phone. I kinda suspect maybe my memory card might not be fast enough.

makryger 11-06-2009 07:12 PM

Mine does not take that long, its pretty instantaneous in searching for cities, and drawing maps.