PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

efoote is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Imagio Calendar

I have a had an Imagio or a few weeks. Really like the phone, best WM device I have had. I just switched from a Samsung i760 with WM 6.1. So there is just one thing that is bugging me about the Imagio. I really like the look and feel of the Touch Flo 3D GUI and far prefer to use it over the default WM 6.5 GUI. However as in WM 6.1 I am used to looking at my calendar in the day view and be able to actually see the calendar actually laid out with all the appointment on it. With Touch Flo 3D you can only get a list of your calendar events for the day which I find much harder to read. Most days I have many overlaping appointments and need to be able to see them side by side in a calendar view so I can manage my schedule and assign others techs to appts I cant make. I know I can close Touch Flo 3D on the Imagio and use the WM 6.5 Calendar and see the calendar the way I want but that is a lot of work every time I want to look at my calendar as I look at it a few dozen times a day. Does anybody know a way to get Touch Flo 3D to default to use the WM 6.5 Calendar view instead of its lame little list? I called HTC and asked the same thing but I dont think their techs are too bright and didnt really get any where with that. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff
Re: HTC Imagio Calendar

Unfortunately the only way to get the Agenda view is to upgrade to the newer TouchFLO (2.5 aka Sense) that is coming on the Leo (HD2). Once the Imagio is unlocked for custom ROMs we will see this I'm sure as they already have it ported over to the recently unlocked TP2. The version of TF3D we have simply doesn't support this functionality.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Lurker
Carrier: verizon

hfield is a n00b

This bugs me too. I use the calander alot and hope we can find a fix for this.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Lurker

SuperDave369 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by efoote View Post
Does anybody know a way to get Touch Flo 3D to default to use the WM 6.5 Calendar view instead of its lame little list?
I haven't figured out how to replace the HTC Calendar with the much easier to read Windows Calendar but you can get to it without closing TF3D. Click Start/All Applications and browse down to the "Calendar" link, it will take you to Windows Calendar. I removed some of the useless items from the main Start menu and added it as a link there, that makes it even easier to get to it.

Hopefully someone will figure out how to replace the TF3D link, I'll be looking for it!

Dave
Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I have a had an Imagio or a few weeks. Really like the phone, best WM device I have had. I just switched from a Samsung i760 with WM 6.1. So there is just one thing that is bugging me about the Imagio. I really like the look and feel of the Touch Flo 3D GUI and far prefer to use it over the default WM 6.5 GUI. However as in WM 6.1 I am used to looking at my calendar in the day view and be able to actually see the calendar actually laid out with all the appointment on it. With Touch Flo 3D you can only get a list of your calendar events for the day which I find much harder to read. Most days I have many overlaping appointments and need to be able to see them side by side in a calendar view so I can manage my schedule and assign others techs to appts I cant make. I know I can close Touch Flo 3D on the Imagio and use the WM 6.5 Calendar and see the calendar the way I want but that is a lot of work every time I want to look at my calendar as I look at it a few dozen times a day. Does anybody know a way to get Touch Flo 3D to default to use the WM 6.5 Calendar view instead of its lame little list? I called HTC and asked the same thing but I dont think their techs are too bright and didnt really get any where with that. Any ideas would be great! Thanks.
As a work around until we get unlocked if you do: Start --> all programs --> calendar it gives you the 6.5 calendar, not the TF one.

Even though it is called calendar and has the same icon it launches a different calendar.

Update: Not sure how I missed the last post with the same info, oops.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon VX6900

jstchilln is a n00b

My complaint on the calendar is the snooze. On the old touch, you could snooze an appt.for 15,30 min an hour or a day.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

if you turn off the calendar tab in tf3d, once it restarts, clicking calendar on the home screen will launch the winmo one.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdarling is just getting started

On a related note, does anyone know of a replacement for the "new appointment" entry screen? It's very jarring to drop back to the old stylus-needed time entry fields.

Also, how do you change what app each TF3D tab launches? Is there a collection of TF3D file and registry descriptions anywhere? (Not cabs, but say a wiki with information.)

Many thanks!
Kev
Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstchilln View Post
My complaint on the calendar is the snooze. On the old touch, you could snooze an appt.for 15,30 min an hour or a day.
there is a fix for that if you want to do the reading it is here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104575

...and here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4706677

...and here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508735

the last link was the most important one to me. the fix in post #37 is all i had to do.

"On WM6.5 to return to the standard WM Reminder appearance and Dismiss/Menu(snooze options) UI, it is necessary to rename or delete this value:

HKLM\System\Shell\Notification\OEM\CustomUIDLL

I simply renamed it to CustomUIDLLX (and performed the obligatory soft reset / reboot), and now I have the default WM Reminder UI again, offering "Dismiss" and a "Menu" with several snooze times and the option to view the offending calendar item."

You can thank the authors of those threads.

I did this and it does work on the Imagio.

WARNING!!!! You will get the windows menu though and not the fancy htc tf3d menu style. there is a fix for that to but i am not going to post unless someone is interested. take to long.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Revampd is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Revampd

Quote:
If you remap the calendar function to the multimedia key, one press gets you to the WinMo calendar. Also something I noticed, while you're looking at the calendar each successive press of the multimedia key cycles through the calendar screens. Seems like a pretty good compromise.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio