PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio Memory Use Observations (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94633)

ahearn 11-04-2009 04:32 PM

Imagio Memory Use Observations

The more I play my Imagio the more I'm impressed with it's memory managment. I'm currently running 8 different applications (Excel, Word, WunderRadio (listening to WSM), Google Maps with traffic, File Explorer, RSS Hub (lots of feeds), Bing, Opera looking at CNN.com (heavy graphics).

Memory started (with nothing running) at 59% and after 8 apps, goes to 78%. The responsiveness was unchanged as far as I could tell. The radio station played on and only skipped for an fraction of a second during loading the last couple of apps. Large web pages loaded as quickly as ever. After closing all apps, memory went down to 66%. The 7% "extra" are most likely leftover temporary files that get overwritten if necessary.

In fact, in one other test yesterday (90% memory), I showed 88% memory after closing an app, then loaded another app and the memory DROPPED to 80% after apparently dumping a batch of temp files.

In another test with max loading and a lot of apps running, I loaded another large app (Opera looking at CNN.com) and it automatically closed some of the other apps to accommodate the new app.

The only thing I've done is the memory/performance tweak, by codyppc, obtained somewhere here. Thanks Cody.

ebayking90 11-04-2009 06:05 PM

Re: Imagio Memory Use Observations

I would never run that many apps at the same time, just cause this phone is not a computer and I wouldn't need to do that. But, I am not 100% impressed with the way this phone handles its memory. I boot at 49% and then it slowly creeps up to over 50%. Kind of annoying, but this phone is new and we will eventually figure out how to master it.

y0himba 11-04-2009 07:02 PM

I too am impressed with the memory use and battery life. On my drive today I listened to music, using the music tab and my Bluetooth A2DP headset with stereo audio enabled, was running TrackMe with live tracking on uploading to my website every 30 seconds, display on the entire time on auto brightness. I even talked to my wife for 10 minutes and checked in with my daughter for 5.

2.5 hours listening and uploading, battery at 71% when I got home, 71% memory use which dropped to 48% when I disconnected the Bluetooth and shut down the programs.

Not too shabby if you ask me.

Nick_Gl 11-05-2009 12:42 AM

you got a link for the performance tweak?

y0himba 11-05-2009 11:31 AM

I am not running any performance tweaks. I disabled a few services using Mem Maid, and that is all.

chrysalis 11-05-2009 12:22 PM

Where did you get Mem Maid for free? And what services did you turn off? Thanks!

y0himba 11-05-2009 12:24 PM

I pay for my software. When you get it, post back and I will post screenshots.

HBS 11-13-2009 01:27 PM

I got the MemMaid, but it is still running at 62%. Could you post the instructions on how to reduce the memory use? Thanks in advance.

briannowicki 11-14-2009 12:27 AM

This phones memory is phenominal.. coming from a smart hone especially if any of you had the VZW TP1(Raphael) try this post there are plenty of things to help tweak and about memory.. the SSK cab is great it will keep the memory low.. make sure you download that cab for sure its in the 1st post in the link.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702 Also make sure you're fully closing the programs because the default is hold "x" to close sometimes you might just hit it once not realising the program is still running.. FYI you can change this by going to Settings/All Settings/Personal/Buttons and change the X key to close program by hitting it once.. :cheers:

fordnfishin 11-14-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briannowicki (Post 1327766)
This phones memory is phenominal.. coming from a smart hone especially if any of you had the VZW TP1(Raphael) try this post there are plenty of things to help tweak and about memory.. the SSK cab is great it will keep the memory low.. make sure you download that cab for sure its in the 1st post in the link.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702 Also make sure you're fully closing the programs because the default is hold "x" to close sometimes you might just hit it once not realising the program is still running.. FYI you can change this by going to Settings/All Settings/Personal/Buttons and change the X key to close program by hitting it once.. :cheers:

HTC should have never put the task manager on the home screen because it makes everybody, including me, crazy. But the imagio actually handles it well if we just don't mess with it. I think because my diamond is running the leo's sense ui and it is still sitting right now at 32% usage running the same exact programs of course custom rom.