PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900
Carrier: VZW

bigboy292000 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DROID on the 6th... whos staying WinMo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudog3114 View Post
I really question how much the Imagio, or even winmo 6.5, will be embraced. 6.5 still doesnt come close to comparing to the gui of the iphone or android, though htc does a nice job of sprucing it up... I just fear it will turn into a redheaded stepchild and forgotten about like so many winmo devices in the past. The 'marketplace' looks pretty shabby thus far.

And lets face it... android 2.0 is going to be HIGHLY embraced with tons of apps, customizations, etc. Working with winmo has always been and still is more or less a hack job.
Well,

I don't quite understand few things here:

- Where is the idea that Winmo UI is not close to the one from Android? I dunno. I saw I think every video of Droid on Youtube and you know what - there is nothing earth shattering there. IMO it looks like an attemp to have the "desktop" experience - which is unattractive to me.

- Guess what - HTC thought that Android UI also sucked to the point where they have Sense UI on top of Android too; so how is that diferent from Winmo?

I do hear you on the "embrace" part. Not sure how this will play out. I am highly skeptical that even in next year or two Android will get to the level of being embraced by the community as Winmo has. That takes time.

The main hype here is that there is a series of devices that carriers that do not have iPhone can market, which is new and shiny. Within a year, we'll see how this plays out with WM7 coming into play.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Android is getting better and I'm sure in time will be very nice. However I think it's currently vastly over-hyped because it's a Google product. 2010 will be an interesting point in mobile history with Android starting to come into its own, the iPhone starting to lose it's shine a bit, and WP7 with all new hardware specs hitting. Should be interesting. Choice is good right?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
dbu
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbu is keeping up the good workdbu is keeping up the good work

I went and played with a Droid today. I will be staying with my Imagio. It did seem pretty snappy, but the slide out keyboard is a joke and the soft one is mediocre at best. I do like Android, but I think it has a ways to go. I am really praying that M$ gets their act together.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

loudog3114 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbu View Post
I went and played with a Droid today. I will be staying with my Imagio. It did seem pretty snappy, but the slide out keyboard is a joke and the soft one is mediocre at best. I do like Android, but I think it has a ways to go. I am really praying that M$ gets their act together.
More of a way to go that winmo? I mean seriously... without senseui or touchflo winmo still requires a stylus...
Old 11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II

Shemmy is keeping up the good workShemmy is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Shemmy Send a message via Yahoo to Shemmy

The newer builds of 6.5, especially 6.5.1 have elliminated the need for a stylus completely.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZN

the_passenger is just getting started

For now I'll stick with my Imagio. Androi is just way over hyped. Is there any thing that you can do w/ your Droid that I can't do w/ my WM phone? s3x ?

2010: Android3 (HTC ??) vs. WM7 (MS Pink) vs iPhone 4g(generation)

I think i'm gonna take the pink.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Timmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good workTimmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good work

I tried out the Droid last night before I walked away with the Imagio. The one I played with seemed to lag while opening apps and moving through the "home screens." It might of been cool if I gave it more time. Still wasn't for me.

#1 Reason I got the Imagio...WinMo community (PERIOD!)
Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ahearn is a n00b

I went down and played today with the Moto Droid and the HTC Eris -- I'll definitely be sticking with my HTC Imagio.

The Motorola had a old-fashioned clunky look and feel to both the hardware and the UI. The broswer was slow, even at 3G speed, the start screen cluttered, and it just didn't have any excitement to it. The docking station looked like something straight out of the 1980s. I was not even close to being impressed. This is like Motorola's last gasp before dying in the phone business.

The Eris was better because HTC has done the same incredible job of covering up the native UI with their own touch UI, very similar to the Imagio. It's smaller, felt better in the hand, no clunky pull-out keyboard, and seemed to be a much better platform than the Moto. However, there was nothing that screamed "trade your Imagio." HTC is definitely the phone maker to watch in the future.

Last edited by ahearn; 11-06-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:25 PM
N00b

malexii is a n00b

I to went and played with the Droid today. I took all my paper work and box for my Imagio with me just in case. I have four days left to trade it or keep it. The droid didn't impress me ether. I played with it for quite a while. I keeping my Imagio!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:36 PM
wc3
Lurker

wc3 is a n00b

Android OS is definitely coming up, but not there yet. The Motorola design while impressively thin for a slider, still seems kind of clunky and unrefined. The processor in the M Droid is no better than the Imagio and is also dated. I'm keeping my Imagio and will see how Android 2.X progresses vs. WM 7.X. Currently, the only device that would seriously tempt me (actually it would be a done deal) is the HD2.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio