PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

amaeloeze is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
imagio is pissing me off!

what the heck is send and receive in my email tab...it's slowing down my phone! guys a love the imagio so much but it's like everyday there's a new problem with this phone. I'm really trying to like it but it's unreliable. Through out the day my phone has been running really slow and FREEZING! i'm not even able to access my voice mail, and it does this like every day...I'm really trying to like this phone but it's not reliable at all.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: from lame-ass imagio, to incredible incredible!
Carrier: forced to verizon from alltel

bradhtc is a n00b
Re: imagio is pissing me off!

same here especially the first week or two but it has become much better with tweaks (in imagio startup thread) I love this phone but it definitely has its problems. Very frustrating...hoping that HTC comes with the leo CDMA of a big fat android like the HD or imagio. Must...be...patient...
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

You may have to download the Rom Dump in the Imagio Upgrade section. It will put your Imagio back to stock rom, works great i did it

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

the rom dump will not do that. you could flash the stock rom if you wanted but there is no reason to. just do a hard reset if necessary... always a good idea with a new phone.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

brodie is a n00b

"what the heck is send and receive in my email tab"

Did you mean where the heck? You go to email tab then hit menu right softkey -> send and receive.

My Imagio has never frozen on me. It has lagged and as another poster said, after tweaks and tweaks and whatnot it works quite well.

It is slow at times but there are some cabs to disable certain things although I didn't really notice a difference.

As with any Winmo device, it's going to have it's own set of issues I believe.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaeloeze View Post
what the heck is send and receive in my email tab...it's slowing down my phone! guys a love the imagio so much but it's like everyday there's a new problem with this phone. I'm really trying to like it but it's unreliable. Through out the day my phone has been running really slow and FREEZING! i'm not even able to access my voice mail, and it does this like every day...I'm really trying to like this phone but it's not reliable at all.
Send/Recieve is a option that gathers your messages from your email, go into inbox under menu go to tool and theres a setting to make your email not active sync unless u do it manually through send/receive which might be the issue you're having is that its recieving and checking constantly, also if you've downloaded any tweaks/upgardes without fully knowing what it'll do to your phone then yes it could result in making it slow. this phone has great memory, look into a program called speedboost on google its free, also look into downloading some cabs here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702 especially SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab it will free some memory up, Btw just fyi check your drop down tasks from thw top right corner you're probably forgetting to fully close your apps/programs you run and its using a boat load of memory to keep them running in the back ground so make sure you exit those. Be patient this is the best smart phone out right now especially if youve come from the TP1(Raphael) like i have... wait till roms get released and the phones unlocked. the TP2 is even worse and the new Droid thats being hyped up is even worse.. smart phones take some getting used to but they can be amazingly tweaked and adapted to different levels making them the optimal phones. BTW running things like blue tooth and what not will drain your battery and some memory make sure when youre done downloading to go into task menu and turn off data connection while youre in idle. newer ROMS WILL speed up the TF3D interface and look into the cache tweaks from the link i gave you it will definatly increase the file viewing speed and all around speed of apps. If you need any help or have any questions please feel free to ask at any time via PM or post PM will be better because i might miss your post. Looking at other phones reviews you'll be glad you have the imagio trust me..

Old 11-19-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

HTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuffHTCexy knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to HTCexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhtc View Post
same here especially the first week or two but it has become much better with tweaks (in imagio startup thread) I love this phone but it definitely has its problems. Very frustrating...hoping that HTC comes with the leo CDMA of a big fat android like the HD or imagio. Must...be...patient...

I totally agree with you here...Ummm Is the Leo a Global Device like the Imagio...ie CDMA/GSM???
Old 11-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCexy View Post
I totally agree with you here...Ummm Is the Leo a Global Device like the Imagio...ie CDMA/GSM???
No at this time it is GSM only. Unless they are making another variant for the CDMA markets.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

I agree. BEST phone i have ever owned. I came from the Touch pro2 which had all the symptoms your talking about. I swore I would never buy a HTC again. But took another chance and it turns out that the TP2 must of had something wrong with it. I have a million apps and the imagio purrs like a kitten. Only had to do 2 soft resets since I got it. Everything runs fast (for a smart phone). I have played and or had a bunch of smartphones. The Imagio is by far the best. I don't know if my TP2 was defective or if it needed that inital "hard reset" but i was never happy with it. The Imagio i find hard to put down. I love this phone!!!!!!!!!!!

there must just be something that needs tweaking on yours. It's too good to not like. Somethings wrong.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Hang Out!!

The hardware on this thing is amazing, and the tweaks are making it better. Just hang out til we get the hspl and then custom roms. There will be some sick roms out there. A lot of the garbage will be gone.

On a side note if you do a master reset, it also resets the pst screen as well. Atleast it did on mine, I had to reprogram everything from prl, mdn, msid, security, and mip tab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio