PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   What happened the battery life is great (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94484)

malexii 11-03-2009 08:04 PM

What happened the battery life is great

I'm not sure what happened but I was getting only about 6 to 8 hours with light use. Maybe 3 or 4 calls and 2 or 3 texts. All I did was turn off the weather push and now I haven't charged my phone since Sunday afternoon. Its Tuesday 5PM and I'm still at 70%. Before I had to charge it two times a day! I'm still on light use but I think that its a keeper now. Maybe because I told the phone "thats it your going back"

ahearn 11-03-2009 08:32 PM

Re: What happened the battery life is great

Mine has gotten better with each charge cycle. It is now totally acceptable. I've been playing with the phone constantly and have now gotten about a day and half, as opposed to only a few hours at first.

amaeloeze 11-03-2009 08:33 PM

how do you turn it off?

Shemmy 11-03-2009 08:36 PM

Hold down the red hangup/power button until the option to turn off your Imagio appears.

amaeloeze 11-03-2009 08:47 PM

Not the whole phone i meant the weather push

puck7 11-03-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaeloeze (Post 1295651)
Not the whole phone i meant the weather push

go to weather tab, soft menu key -> settings -> uncheck download weather automatically

coolpoete 11-03-2009 10:02 PM

In my experience some of the battery issue was first use. It took a good 4 days or so of using the phone, running it down and recharging it again before I believe the battery got "primed". That coupled with some other tweaks posted here helps with the battery life.

malexii 11-03-2009 10:09 PM

I was expecting it to get a little better after a few charges but not 500% better. I guess that I should stop complaining about it right?

KnowFear 11-04-2009 10:41 AM

Now that you mention it, I have noticed that my battery life has improved. I'm a power user so I never thought anything about having to charge the battery during the day. I have noticed that I make it through the day without charging now. I haven't done anything different to the phone. I haven't even put my address book into the Imagio because I figure on returning it. But, as far as the battery goes, it works pretty well.

jeff_roey 11-04-2009 03:04 PM

Same observation here as well. I ordered my Imagio on day-one and hadn't noticed a battery life improvement until earlier this week. The thing I've attributed my performance boost to (and I could be way off base . . .) is I started shutting off my BT unless I was driving, which is really the only time I use it. Once I started doing that I began to notice a HUGE improvement in battery life.

On a sort of related note, I've been fooling around with settings/tweaks to try to improve battery life and I noticed a bunch of Power Management Settings (all disabled by default) in ATC. Anyone have the guts to try fooling with these? Any feedback?