PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

rabkabiz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Headset Icon stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco30 View Post
Found this on a palm treo forum and it worked for my touch pro 2(I'd give the link in normal form, but I am not allowed cause I need 8 more posts. it's discussion/treocentral/com...replace the "/" with ".").

In any event, I no longer have the headset icon on my screen and I am back to normal...for now. no need for a return or any other nonsense...good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
here with an update (reposting this from my message on palms forums)

SOLUTION: Alright guys, found (correction, my helpful brother found) a solution to the problem. I got the Pre on June 6th and had this problem about a week later. I returned the pone and got another one. For hardware reasons, I had to get another phone after that. Long story short, after having the replacement for about a week, the speaker and mic cut out on this phone too.

We've began researching this for a few days and pretty much decided it was a software problem, and may or not not have been caused by Pandora. The general online concensus is that the phone continues to think that the phone is in headphones mode (either from pandora or just plugigng the headphones in[idk if third party headphones play a part or not]). Im not sure where the post came from, so if you wrote it originally, feel free to take credit:

" I've posted this on another thread but figured I'd post here as well. I've been having the same issue (in which the phone app is still showing a headset icon in the bottom left). The above instructions didn't work but I figured out another fix. in the phone app I called my voicemail with my headset connected, then clicked Mute and unplugged the headset. It immediatly started working as advertised. Then just to test I went into the Music app and Pandora and they worked fine as well. Hope this helps"

IT WORKED. Immediately after trying this I got sound back form the speaker (and the mic worked), after having to use bluetooth for almost a week.
wow! thank you soo much. it worked instantly. you seriously are God in a human form. i did NOT want to hard reset or buy a new phone. thanks again!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: verizon

jpawlson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Headset Icon stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandroland View Post
Sounds like a hardware problem then. Since I replaced my phone way back for this issue I have never had it again. Doubt it is SW in most cases, just flaky hardware.
I have the same problem, it began after using a cheep headset that seemed to have a big plug. I assume it is a hardware issue.

Does anyone know of a dissemble manual for this phone?

I have replaced screen on the XV6800, and XV6700 HTC's but this one is very delicate. I am stuck with this phone, I bought it used, so I can not just trade it in. the USB and headset connector was a problem spot on the XV6700, I should have known better.

thanks,
Jim P.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio