PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

SaosinEngaged is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Guys, when posting .cab files, please explain them in detail.

Browsing through a lot of topics on this forum, I see people randomly linking to a lot of different .cab files offering a vague description of what they do.

I'm not installing anything on my phone, especially related to performance without knowing:

1) what exactly the program is doing/disabling
2) what consequences/side effects there are from using it

Obviously, if you don't know, you don't know. But I'm a noob with all this, and before I go installing things like that proxy .cab that supposedly frees up a lot of memory, I'd like to know exactly what it's doing to my phone. If someone is smart enough to code it, I'm sure someone can explain it.

All I'm saying guys, just please try to elaborate a little more when you post these .cabs, especially if you know what they do and how they work.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Guys, when posting .cab files, please explain them in detail.

i'm a noob also but cabs are the easiest thing to install and use because they're the easiest to uninstall. if you try a cab and don't like it or it messes with your phone, go to remove programs in settings>system and remove them in remove programs tab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio