PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba
Lightbulb Programs Tab

I miss the programs tab from my HTC Fuze. Is there a TF3D tab for Windows Mobile 6.5 (Imagio) that lists all programs replacing the need for the start button? If not, would a guru be interested in it?

If anything else, how about a recent programs tab?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC imagio

canecbr600 is just getting started
Re: Programs Tab

Its quicker to get to the way its designed now! Just hit the dedicated windows/programs hard button in the middle. You can arrange your programs in what ever order u want. Basically the same as the old programs tab, just a dedicated button now.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Yeah i agree, the Start Menu is the Programs tab now, with a second click to get to the full apps list after that.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I want to eliminate the second click, and arrange them in either alphabetical order or my order. Also, the memory use of the HTC start menu is unnecessary. I have disabled the HTC menu to conserve battery life and the start menu is not organized at all other than a move to top option.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

i was screwing around in the registry and i was able to get the tab to show but it was just a copy of the htc start menu. The scrolling didnt work either. i think it was HKCU/software/htc/manilla then the key that says Manilla://programs.page.hidden
I changed the value on that to 2 i think.. then it showed up on the list.. maybe someone else can figure out how to fix the scrolling..
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

you can use chome editor to arrange your 6.5 start menu how you want it.
another option is quickmenu to get back your 6.1 style start menu.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

rlang001 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaragüense View Post
i was screwing around in the registry and i was able to get the tab to show but it was just a copy of the htc start menu. The scrolling didnt work either. i think it was HKCU/software/htc/manilla then the key that says Manilla://programs.page.hidden
I changed the value on that to 2 i think.. then it showed up on the list.. maybe someone else can figure out how to fix the scrolling..
Change the key Manilla://programs.page.hidden at HKCU/software/htc/manilla to a 0. Scrolling works for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Osteo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlang001 View Post
Change the key Manilla://programs.page.hidden at HKCU/software/htc/manilla to a 0. Scrolling works for me.
+1 scrolling works for me. Not sure that I need this but now that its on the scroll I wonder if I can free up the hard-key for something else as we're so key deficient on our Imagios...
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

While this just opens the HTC "My Shortcuts" menu instead of all programs, it is a great little edit, and will do nicely until someone can develop an all programs hack. I wonder if one can edit a manila file to point this to the Programs folder rather than where is is pointed for the HTC Shortcuts?

Scrolling is working fine here also. I was wondering what the difference between setting it to '0', '1', or '2' did.....
Old 11-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

ok i checked this out and i do like it.
for those who don't know this will enable the programs tab you are used to from windows 6.1. if you still have the programs start menu, manila wont like it and won't scroll or allow you to click on the icons. you have to disable the htc start menu which reverts you back to the 6.5 start menu.

while i do like the 6.5 start menu it is a huge pain to set up the way you want it.

i may try quick menu now and see how it goes.

here is the .cab for regular start menu:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1255877675

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio