PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio!
Carrier: Verizon

jdub71 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio vs. Eris

How will the Imagio and Eris compare in their dimensions? screen size, height, width and thickness?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight
Re: Imagio vs. Eris

I personally was thinking about switching to to Droid Eris to try my hands with an Android device since none can seam to get me a Touch Pro2, however I went into sprint today to check out there Hero, and was not impressed. The biggest thing was that I am surprised how quickly I have became used to the large 3.6" screen on the Imagio and the Hero/ Droid Eris doesn't come close. The Imagio is also larger in both height and width, however the Hero is slightly thinker. If you want to see a good side by side comparison a good site is actually Phonearena.com and they allow you to see a Size comparison view when you can actually drag one device over the other. I am still holding out for a TP2. I am going into the local Verizon store tomorrow for a 3rd replacement device ( I received my Imagio on the 20th). It really is up to what you like and what you want to do with the device. I personally actually use my phones more then anyone I know. I watch allot of videos and listen to music constantly and am always browsing the web. I usually have to plug my Imagio in the charge it up 2-4 times a day to be able to get through the day to give you an idea on my usage. The one thing that I can say is that there is the 30 Trial that will allow you to switch from the Imagio, however they only let you switch once and there is a $35 re-stocking fee.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 10-30-2009, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

I have used the Eris and Droid and I ordered my Imagio the next morning. I think that Android has some very cool features but the form factors of the two devices just didn't impress me. The screen size of the Imagio is fantastic and I have tweaked mine to perform very well. Best upgrades were installing Dynamic Resources and Mobile Shell 3.5.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Big Red

vandebe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbigdawg View Post
I have used the Eris and Droid and I ordered my Imagio the next morning. I think that Android has some very cool features but the form factors of the two devices just didn't impress me. The screen size of the Imagio is fantastic and I have tweaked mine to perform very well. Best upgrades were installing Dynamic Resources and Mobile Shell 3.5.

form factor?

eris and the imagio have almost the EXACT same form factor.

the only difference is the overall size of the screen and the trackball on the eris...

I dont buy that argument personally.

BUT!

I do love both devices, my wife has the Imagio, and since I have been pawing the eris, android looks pretty sweet to me.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: Big Red

vandebe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub71 View Post
How will the Imagio and Eris compare in their dimensions? screen size, height, width and thickness?

to answer your question, the imagio is definatley the larger of the devices. not by much.

I dont have exact dimensions for you... sorry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio