PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio vs. Eris (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93432)

jdub71 10-30-2009 12:23 AM

Imagio vs. Eris

How will the Imagio and Eris compare in their dimensions? screen size, height, width and thickness?

RKnight 10-30-2009 01:22 AM

Re: Imagio vs. Eris

I personally was thinking about switching to to Droid Eris to try my hands with an Android device since none can seam to get me a Touch Pro2, however I went into sprint today to check out there Hero, and was not impressed. The biggest thing was that I am surprised how quickly I have became used to the large 3.6" screen on the Imagio and the Hero/ Droid Eris doesn't come close. The Imagio is also larger in both height and width, however the Hero is slightly thinker. If you want to see a good side by side comparison a good site is actually Phonearena.com and they allow you to see a Size comparison view when you can actually drag one device over the other. I am still holding out for a TP2. I am going into the local Verizon store tomorrow for a 3rd replacement device ( I received my Imagio on the 20th). It really is up to what you like and what you want to do with the device. I personally actually use my phones more then anyone I know. I watch allot of videos and listen to music constantly and am always browsing the web. I usually have to plug my Imagio in the charge it up 2-4 times a day to be able to get through the day to give you an idea on my usage. The one thing that I can say is that there is the 30 Trial that will allow you to switch from the Imagio, however they only let you switch once and there is a $35 re-stocking fee.

dbigdawg 10-30-2009 01:30 AM

I have used the Eris and Droid and I ordered my Imagio the next morning. I think that Android has some very cool features but the form factors of the two devices just didn't impress me. The screen size of the Imagio is fantastic and I have tweaked mine to perform very well. Best upgrades were installing Dynamic Resources and Mobile Shell 3.5.

vandebe 10-31-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbigdawg (Post 1277699)
I have used the Eris and Droid and I ordered my Imagio the next morning. I think that Android has some very cool features but the form factors of the two devices just didn't impress me. The screen size of the Imagio is fantastic and I have tweaked mine to perform very well. Best upgrades were installing Dynamic Resources and Mobile Shell 3.5.

form factor?

eris and the imagio have almost the EXACT same form factor.

the only difference is the overall size of the screen and the trackball on the eris...

I dont buy that argument personally.

BUT!

I do love both devices, my wife has the Imagio, and since I have been pawing the eris, android looks pretty sweet to me.

vandebe 10-31-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdub71 (Post 1277500)
How will the Imagio and Eris compare in their dimensions? screen size, height, width and thickness?

to answer your question, the imagio is definatley the larger of the devices. not by much.

I dont have exact dimensions for you... sorry