PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Proximity sensor not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93354)

Slack3r 10-29-2009 04:58 PM

Proximity sensor not working

I've had my Imagio since it came out, and the sensor hasn't worked once. I'm not sure why it's happening, because it seems my case (leather one from verizon) has a cutout for it, and even without the case it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what I can check to see why it's not working? Normally I wouldn't really care, but since the imagio doesn't have a dedicated lock button I can't just shut off the screen when I take a call, and I've had countless accidental button presses.

The problem has persisted through several hard resets, and even a rom re-flash, so I'm at a loss for options here. :(

fwaits 10-29-2009 08:28 PM

Re: Proximity sensor not working

Sounds like a possible hardware issue then. Mine works perfectly, no issues ever with it. I can feel the phone vibrate when it goes off when I put it up to my ear. I'd take it to the Verizon store and get it swapped out.

Slack3r 10-29-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwaits (Post 1276705)
Sounds like a possible hardware issue then. Mine works perfectly, no issues ever with it. I can feel the phone vibrate when it goes off when I put it up to my ear. I'd take it to the Verizon store and get it swapped out.

Good idea, I completely forgot that they were getting these in retail stores. I'm going to try that tomorrow then.

ebayking90 10-29-2009 09:28 PM

The proximity sensor is what turns the screen off when you are in a call, right?

Shemmy 10-29-2009 09:32 PM

Yes, it is.

fwaits 10-29-2009 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayking90 (Post 1276861)
The proximity sensor is what turns the screen off when you are in a call, right?

Yeah it's the little sensor in the small circle in the upper right corner of the face.

Nicaragüense 10-30-2009 04:20 AM

i wish they had an alternate way to relock the screen when on a call.. I think one of the other htc dialers had something like that.. Or maybe there is a way to do it but i just havent figured it out lol..

y0himba 10-30-2009 09:17 AM

I think it isn't proximity, it is a light sensor. Mine is working perfectly, and cHangeScreen allows you to calibrate and set up some more options for it.

Slack3r 10-30-2009 02:24 PM

Well, I was playing around with it at work, and it DOES work, I just have to completely cover the sensor with my finger. Putting up to my ear (with or without case) does nothing, so I guess it is really just a light sensor.

I'm gonna give cHangeScreen a shot, I'll report back what happens. :)

DiceDemon 10-30-2009 03:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

mine doesn't work either, let us know what you come up with...