PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC

jskoland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imagio ( the middle child )

Why is the Imagio the bastard child. I think it is a really good phone but no one seems to want to do anything for this. If you look at most websites that sell accessories for phones, the Imagio is either not listed or they have the crappiest stuff for it. Granted I understand that this phone is only on verizon but so is the DROID the ERIS and those phones seem to be getting more attention then this one. I don't get it. I know I am just bitchin but for me it is really starting to get annoying. I don't want to be that guy you ends up jumping ship to the " Android " but if we don't start getting support for this thing I just might.

Anyone else feel this way?
Thanks for letting me get my frustration out.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor
Re: Imagio ( the middle child )

I've noticed myself, but I think there's a good reason for this...well a couple: First, VZW has a few "tiers" of phones: You're high-end (Droid, TP2, Imagio, O2), the middle road (Eris, Blackberries, etc) and the low-end smart-looking dumb-phones (Chocolate 2 etc). They have chosen to market their windows phones to the business community, and push all the droid stuff to the general public. Business people know what they need, and thus VZW advertises to that demographic in very targeted and limited ways. Simple fact is that the imagio was not designed for everyone, rather for a very limited demo. That doesn't mean it's any less of a device, but it won't (nor should it) appeal to everyone. As a result of this, after-market goodies are limited to appeal to the primary demo the phone is targeted to. That being said, unless you're referring to software, I haven't really found anything that I wanted to be unavailable. I'd be curious to know what type of products you feel are lacking.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

You know originally I was set on the tp2. I had a touch pro and I loved it, I was just waiting for my eligable upgrade to kick in and it was the day before the imagio became available and I really hate carrying my camera around and it had a 5M camera on it and my biggest complaint about my tp was the bulkiness so when I saw the imagio was .01 thicker than the iphone I was sold. Plus the HSPL was not available for the tp2 yet and I had been running windows 6.5 for nearly a year and didn't want to revert back to a device with 6.1. I am happy I made the decision to get the imagio as I love the sleekness and design, but you are absolutely right, we are outcasts. And it sucks because those of us who have them and understand how win mo customization works feel like this is the best device from verizon right now. I am bored with the droid right now, I feel like I have reached the end of the road now similar to the road I'm at with the imagio currently. I have things like I want them now, I just want them to work better, we will get there, I promise. Hey the best device in the US up till the end of Q3 of this year will be the hd2 which we don't have a chance at being cdma and with the exceptions of some major differences the imagio does 90% of what the hd2 can do, so lets make it work.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P6800
Carrier: USCC
Threadstarter

jskoland is just getting started

I agree with you guys. I have had many, many phones. My wife made a comment that I buy a different phone as much as I change my underwear. I personally think the Imagio is a great device. I like everything about it. Physically. The memory issues and the battery issues can only get better with better ROMS.For me I think if Verizon would of put half as much advertising in the Imagio as they did the DROID this phone would be a top seller and we would be seing a lot of different accessories or whatever for this device. The DROID does have some neat features but the phone itself is ugly and bulky ( just my opinion ) just ticks me off that most everyone is just in awe over it and isn't that great I think the Imagio is a much better phone.

I need to just tell myself patience and as soon as Cmonex gets a chance to unlock it, it will be even better.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskoland View Post
Why is the Imagio the bastard child. I think it is a really good phone but no one seems to want to do anything for this. If you look at most websites that sell accessories for phones, the Imagio is either not listed or they have the crappiest stuff for it. Granted I understand that this phone is only on verizon but so is the DROID the ERIS and those phones seem to be getting more attention then this one. I don't get it. I know I am just bitchin but for me it is really starting to get annoying. I don't want to be that guy you ends up jumping ship to the " Android " but if we don't start getting support for this thing I just might.

It's mother is a Jackel!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree and am actually kind of surprised the imagio is "left out". What with all the raving about 5mp cams and how anything less is just not worth it. I had the tp2 first and love it except for the added bulk of the kb. I don't take alot of pics so the 3.2 mp cam was fine. I just wanted to lose the extra weight and really don't use the physical kb all that much. So I picked up a gently used imagio and now I bounce back and forth alot, but the reality is the two phones only diff is the kb's and the cams. Since I detest carrying cases I like a shirt pocket for easy access. So usually my tp2 is the weekender phone and the imagio is my work phone. I feel I have the best of both. When the unlocking ceremony happens for the imagio It will become my device of choice.
Side note: I've run many cooked roms on the tp2 and so when the oem was available for it the other day I decided to mgive it a go. I find it to be a tad sluggish and similar in that regard to the imagio's 6.5 oem. Even with all the crapola stripped out it still stutters imo. So an unlocked imagio would be the blitz. Hope it happens soon.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

I very much like having a phone that not everyone and his sister have. I've been quite happy with the performance (after applying many of the great mods our fellow ppcgeekers have been so kind as to share) and I'm just foaming at the mouth for when we get our custom roms/unlocker.

There is a complete lack of push on this device in general, which makes me think that it is probably more costly to VZ than some of the others and their profit margin is smaller so it is more cost effective to market more profitable phones. Also, I just stopped by two VZ shops today and noticed that there wasn't even one on display in either location. There was a placard, but no phone.

I had a TP before this phone and I ended up getting the Imagio free on the day it came out because my TP had died and the replacement that VZ shipped me was broken on delivery. They tried to give me one of the crippled VZ Touch Pros and refused it stating that I required a phone with the same RAM as the one I originally selected so I got the Imagio free a full year before my contract was out.

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL
Old 01-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

i don't relate to what you post... these are phones not people.

fact is - hype or not - imagio is perhaps the most complete/useful phone sold in the USA today (and for a while until a real carrier gets the HD2 or imagio with 1Ghz processor).

the obvious reason why Imagio is less popular is it's VERIZON EXCLUSIVE.

Xmas had a huge droid push (first real/useful android phone) and iPhone is always going to be popular for kids, housewives & such with no real need for anything but basic web and a $0.99 apps to fulfill their boring lives. totally different market. Verizon's Driod Eris is also $100 cheaper which appeals to casuals or those with NO CLUE.

BRG just had a good android rant... check back on android when they have a great web browser, slingbox, remoteDesktop/VNC, emailer, etc.

sorry but if you care about HYPE get iPhone and be done with it. that will get the most hype for the next many years for reasons posted above and apples ~5% computer market share (making it the underdog vs evil MS and now google).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskoland View Post

Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
i don't relate to what you post... these are phones not people.

fact is - hype or not - imagio is perhaps the most complete/useful phone sold in the USA today (and for a while until a real carrier gets the HD2 or imagio with 1Ghz processor).

the obvious reason why Imagio is less popular is it's VERIZON EXCLUSIVE.

Xmas had a huge droid push (first real/useful android phone) and iPhone is always going to be popular for kids, housewives & such with no real need for anything but basic web and a $0.99 apps to fulfill their boring lives. totally different market. Verizon's Driod Eris is also $100 cheaper which appeals to casuals or those with NO CLUE.

BRG just had a good android rant... check back on android when they have a great web browser, slingbox, remoteDesktop/VNC, emailer, etc.

sorry but if you care about HYPE get iPhone and be done with it. that will get the most hype for the next many years for reasons posted above and apples ~5% computer market share (making it the underdog vs evil MS and now google).
Its not hype. Being in the minority of mobile devices is awesome in the fact that you can wow people with what they can't do. It also sucks that we have to order from cheap Taiwanese accessories manufacturers through ebay that take 2 months to arrive and break after a few weeks. Would be nice to pick something up from Best Buy. Its like owning a mac.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

I have serious beef with the very tech sites such as BGR, engadget, etc...absolutely ignoring this phone and WM 6.5. Bottom line is that despite WM's minuses, it can still do everything that iPhones and Androids can and more...yet neither of those two platforms can do everything that WM can. WM has had "apps" for years!! We just simply called them PROGRAMS! Because for the most part they were USEFUL things that actually had some worth. Yet, somehow, everyone in the tech industry, that should know better, makes it seem like "apps" are an apple and android thing exclusively. And to top it off, a devices worth seems to be measured by the number of freaking "APPS" available. sheeeeesh this is madness. Whoopdeedo, iPhone moved a billion apps in 2009..yet only 10,000 of them were worth anything..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio